Walking Down The Halbeath Road

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What?! Yes we did.

Fair enough. I’m not saying there wasn’t a togetherness/connection. I just didn’t think it seemed as strong as it is this season. That’s a matter of opinion though and you’re entitled to disagree. Admittedly, that’s most likely due to the growth of Section NW (and the cheap STs for younger fans), rather than anything the players/coaches are doing. It probably helps that spirit as well that we are grinding out results/clean sheets and not dominating games, as we did that year. Makes it that bit more dramatic/passionate when a late goal goes in, or the final whistle goes.

The atmosphere at home games, in my opinion, is better now than it was back then as well.

27 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

North Stand would be lovely for some of this safe terracing they have in other countries. 

They have it in Scotland too. Celtic Park has a standing section.

However it doesn't even need to be 'safe standing' (a con incidentally, as if standing is unsafe); regular terracing is fine.

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They have it in Scotland too. Celtic Park has a standing section.

However it doesn't even need to be 'safe standing' (a con incidentally, as if standing is unsafe); regular terracing is fine.

The rail seating would be a compromise that I would happily accept over standard seating, but aye, terracing is in no way inherently unsafe. It's just another example of a set of standards being completely plucked out of someones arse and applied exclusively to football fans. 

That said, and i'll put it here since its always going to be in the discussion aboutt his and its topical from lastnight. Theres way too much shite behaviour creeping back into the stadiums, and it goes hand in hand with the rise of young teams going for this "ultras" pish. No doubt they all start off at 11 or 12 just wanting to sing, but it gets silly. What we seen from the NW lastngiht was terrible. I know you personally agree. Theres too much of the pyro shite getting on the pitch, but more worrying is the rate that stuff was getting flung on the pitch. It appears (sample size of 2 games) that its been allowed to be custom and practice that you can throw stuff from that section, and it wont always be paper cups. Someone absolutely will get hurt over there. At that point we find ourselves back at "why we can't have nice things". 

I am a huge believer that you should be able to choose to stand, and that you should be able to have a beer, and the arguements against are shite, but by f**k as fans we don't half load the bullets for our critics sometimes. 

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That said, and i'll put it here since its always going to be in the discussion aboutt his and its topical from lastnight. Theres way too much shite behaviour creeping back into the stadiums, and it goes hand in hand with the rise of young teams going for this "ultras" pish. No doubt they all start off at 11 or 12 just wanting to sing, but it gets silly. What we seen from the NW lastngiht was terrible. I know you personally agree. Theres too much of the pyro shite getting on the pitch, but more worrying is the rate that stuff was getting flung on the pitch. It appears (sample size of 2 games) that its been allowed to be custom and practice that you can throw stuff from that section, and it wont always be paper cups. Someone absolutely will get hurt over there. At that point we find ourselves back at "why we can't have nice things". 

I am a huge believer that you should be able to choose to stand, and that you should be able to have a beer, and the arguements against are shite, but by f**k as fans we don't half load the bullets for our critics sometimes. 

100% agree with this. Very late in the game, linesman called the ref over to pick something up that had been thrown and he passed it to a steward/police officer. Assuming it was probably a coin - certainly something more significant than the paper that had been thrown prior to that. 90% of what the North West guys do is fantastic. It’s great having an atmosphere at East End. But along comes a big game and the idiots are out in force.

Throwing things at players/officials and throwing pyro/smoke bombs can gtf. Go along, sing your heart out, back the team. Don’t need to throw stuff at anyone or sing the songs that we all know get sung at these games. First half kick off was delayed by the idiots throwing pyro onto the pitch. Think there was also a smoke bomb thrown in the away end - didn’t look like it reached the pitch though? Anyway, doesn’t matter who it is, it’s unacceptable. Don’t know what they were trying to achieve with that nonsense. Despite their arguments, it does not add to the ‘atmosphere’ at all.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

100% agree with this. Very late in the game, linesman called the ref over to pick something up that had been thrown and he passed it to a steward/police officer. Assuming it was probably a coin - certainly something more significant than the paper that had been thrown prior to that. 90% of what the North West guys do is fantastic. It’s great having an atmosphere at East End. But along comes a big game and the idiots are out in force.

Throwing things at players/officials and throwing pyro/smoke bombs can gtf. Go along, sing your heart out, back the team. Don’t need to throw stuff at anyone or sing the songs that we all know get sung at these games. First half kick off was delayed by the idiots throwing pyro onto the pitch. Think there was also a smoke bomb thrown in the away end - didn’t look like it reached the pitch though? Anyway, doesn’t matter who it is, it’s unacceptable. Don’t know what they were trying to achieve with that nonsense. Despite their arguments, it does not add to the ‘atmosphere’ at all.

There was a smoke bomb at the start which very nearly hit a steward, there was also a lighter after one of the goals which again was very close to hitting someone. Both thrown from a fair old height.  

15 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

You need to speak to @Grant228 he's oblivious to any of those songs ever being sung at a game. Him and his mates are sure they've never heard anything of that nature at the games they've been at.

Read Premier League GIF by The First Team

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You need to speak to @Grant228 he's oblivious to any of those songs ever being sung at a game. Him and his mates are sure they've never heard anything of that nature at the games they've been at.

Read Premier League GIF by The First Team

Fully aware of the John McGlynn song, it's thoroughly bad patter. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The rail seating would be a compromise that I would happily accept over standard seating, but aye, terracing is in no way inherently unsafe. It's just another example of a set of standards being completely plucked out of someones arse and applied exclusively to football fans. 

There are no longer any rules in Scottish football against having terracing, even in the Premiership, and I mean regular terracing and not the silly 'safe' standing shite.

Agree that the shite behaviour needs to get to f**k. The throwing things is ridiculous pish from morons, and frankly I hope they're all found and banned. Likewise get any pitch invaders banned. It's all a fad anyway, with throwing things being the most prominent one at the moment. It was running on to the pitch but that had calmed down a lot over the last couple of years, simply because it isn't the attention seeking fad of the moment (although there's still far too many folk who do it). Chucking stuff is the current big one. Wouldn't be surprised if the club got fined for last night, and wouldn't be surprised if they refused to allow further displays in the NW after the paper was used to throw things.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

There was a smoke bomb at the start which very nearly hit a steward, there was also a lighter after one of the goals which again was very close to hitting someone. Both thrown from a fair old height.  

I saw the non-flare item land on the pitch and it looked quite a bit longer and thinner than a lighter to me - I thought maybe a vape pen? (Unless these were separate items)

It was passed to the stewards by the linesman pretty pronto so I dare say it'll feature in the match report...

I thought the paper throwing was par for the course in the first instance, bit of a laugh. It gradually got a bit much. 

No problem with flares and stuff really, I suppose they will always be a bit dangerous in a crowded space but at least hold onto the things, wave them about a bit rather than launch them on the park. I dont know how dangerous the bright flashy things are. 

I think it was a lighter that was thrown (vape is more likely right enough), aiming for the head of the Falkirk throw taker, and narrowly missed from my angle, which was extremely shite behaviour indeed. It was right at the end of the game too, I know it doesn't matter when it happens but it added to the futility of it. 

Can someone no have a word? They're mostly wee laddies. 

Edited by Stoo61

1 minute ago, funky_nomad said:

I saw the non-flare item land on the pitch and it looked quite a bit longer and thinner than a lighter to me - I thought maybe a vape pen? (Unless these were separate items)

It was passed to the stewards by the linesman pretty pronto so I dare say it'll feature in the match report...

I was talking about from the Falkirk stand

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I was talking about from the Falkirk stand

Sorry, I should have read the context of your response more closely.

I found the scrunched up paper quite funny, but chucking stuff like coins, lighters, etc needs to gtf.

Pyrotechnics look okay in a properly managed and choreographed display, they look utterly shit in a "fan display"

I do wonder how they are so readily available and with tighter licencing on fireworks on the agenda it might again be down to legislators to crack down, which should always be the last option. 

1 minute ago, funky_nomad said:

Sorry, I should have read the context of your response more closely.

I found the scrunched up paper quite funny, but chucking stuff like coins, lighters, etc needs to gtf.

The thing is, throwing the paper etc before the match kicks off or that.... Aye fair enough. We have all laughed at the tennis balls, bog rolls, etc over the years. See once the throwing of anything is coming down in waves because an opposing player is approaching, then it immediately crosses the line. Firstly because regardless of what it is, it's being thrown at a person who is doing their job, but more than that because it provides and you could argue even encourages a very clear escalation path as regards to WHAT is being thrown. It's the most "egging eachother on" environment you could hope to imagine, and one where aswell as coins, lighters and vapes etc, we know there are people carrying fireworks. So aye, as soon as the throwing goes from generally onto the pitch (annoying in some cases but no malice) to throwing AT a player/official/ A N Other then the line is crossed. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

It's was a plastic Vape