Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Aye, but if we do go tits up we'll always pay back what we owe, not like you thievin' shysters.

Shut up you moronic bellend. 

19 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Worrying times for Falkirk. No doubt it'll be a 25 year season ticket next. 

As has been said elsewhere this loss is covered and paid for by us the supporters. This season, if we beat Ayr, there probably will be a profit made. So little need for any worry now. 

29 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Woke up this morning thinking how good is it knowing we are pissing this league without even playing that well.

We can and have played some good stuff at times but for all Falkirks good football, they're 5 behind and have been in our mirror all season

I'm not sure we are pissing the league, we would be if we hadn't drawn stupidly against Peterhead and Clyde. 

But I agree do agree we aren't playing as well as we were or can and yet are still adding points to the board which is the sign of a good team. Hopefully we can keep winning, nearly into the last quarter so nearly there.

If we find form like we had in Quarter 2 in the final quarter we will be absolutely fine.

We have been solid and hard to beat, first and foremost. 

A draw was a fair result against Airdrie, but it’s games like that where you miss a penalty that can come back and bite you on the arse. 2-2 draw against Peterhead was absolutely criminal as well. Falkirk should be nowhere near us, but that’s the way it’s went for us at home. Teams are obviously enjoying playing at EEP and we have to chase a result. Quite poor tbh. Can only think of two games I’ve been to at home where I've felt good about us and not been a total nervous wreck for the majority of the match.

These next two games will be absolutely massive. Falkirk simply have to beat us and hope we drop points as well against the better teams, with this Saturday being a prime example. You’d imagine Falkirk will smash Peterhead fairly comfortably, so three points is a must before the big game on Tuesday night. We just don’t ever look like getting beat, which gives me lots of confidence. Drawing at home to shanner teams can’t happen between now and end of season. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

We have been solid and hard to beat, first and foremost. 

A draw was a fair result against Airdrie, but it’s games like that where you miss a penalty that can come back and bite you on the arse. 2-2 draw against Peterhead was absolutely criminal as well. Falkirk should be nowhere near us, but that’s the way it’s went for us at home. Teams are obviously enjoying playing at EEP and we have to chase a result. Quite poor tbh. Can only think of two games I’ve been to at home where I've felt good about us and not been a total nervous wreck for the majority of the match.

These next two games will be absolutely massive. Falkirk simply have to beat us and hope we drop points as well against the better teams, with this Saturday being a prime example. You’d imagine Falkirk will smash Peterhead fairly comfortably, so three points is a must before the big game on Tuesday night. We just don’t ever look like getting beat, which gives me lots of confidence. Drawing at home to shanner teams can’t happen between now and end of season. 

Genuine question, why should Falkirk be nowhere near you?

25 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Genuine question, why should Falkirk be nowhere near you?

Kinda thought that was a strange comment as well, all teams drop what they would view as silly points over a season, when I think of some of the stupid points we dropped early in the season and then having only picked up one point in the two games against Dunfermline still feels like missed opportunity as well because I genuinely felt we were the better side in both those games but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is results and in that respect Dunfermline have unfortunately been pretty good at getting the job done so far this season. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

33 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Kinda thought that was a strange comment as well, all teams drop what they would view as silly points over a season, when I think of some of the stupid points we dropped early in the season and then having only picked up one point in the two games against Dunfermline still feels like missed opportunity as well because I genuinely felt we were the better side in both those games but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is results and in that respect Dunfermline have unfortunately been pretty good at getting the job done so far this season. 

It’s easy for us to go back to the home and away draws with Clyde and the home draw with Peterhead, which will sting the most considering we were 2-0 up with minutes to go. You’re spot on though that everyone drops silly points and I can’t account for all your missed opportunities, which there will be some. I guess very few sides will have dropped as many points as us against the bottom 2. 

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You genuinely felt you were the better side at TFS? 

5 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Yes! 

Think you had one shot in 90 minutes.We had a game plan and you never looked like breaking us down We missed a great chance in the last minute to make it two. You won on corners though.

I'd say over the two Falkirk pars games two draws would have been fair so for us to come away with just 1' point and the pars 4 really is massive for them.

Another thing someone mentioned just above is that this is a must win for Falkirk, I don't really agree with that, I'd say it's a must not lose for us. If a draw we'd still be 5 points behind with a home game to the pars still to come. So even a draw in the last dozen or so games, and both teams will drop points makes the gap very doable. If we do lose Tuesday it's going to be nigh impossible to catch.