Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Gowser at his best is a superb player . He makes the team tick and should have played for Scotland.  Think he will be a standout in league one . He constantly wants the ball and wants to drive the team forward , McPake will know how to get the best out of him . I think he,ll play  behind two attackers , creating chances and dropping back and collecting the ball to get the team up the park . 

That's fucking wild!  Happily take my first riddy for that.

21 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Gowser's at his best as a 10 imo, he's brilliant for clever wee passes and disorganising a backline with his sheer unpredictability on the ball.

I guess Wighton and him will have played together as well and know each others strengths 

In all seriousness, that looks like a potentially league sealing signing to me based on what iv seen of him over the last 2 or 3 seasons. 

Especially given how much we need to do to get it, and how little you need to do to keep it ie the difference between must win vs just don't lose games 

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

In all seriousness, that looks like a potentially league sealing signing to me based on what iv seen of him over the last 2 or 3 seasons. 

Especially given how much we need to do to get it, and how little you need to do to keep it ie the difference between must win vs just don't lose games 

I genuinely think it's closer than some think. Not quite 50/50 given the points advantage but there's still six points to play for between us which would wipe that out if both games go in your favour. I think whoever comes out on top in a fortnight will go on to win the league, I know it's only one result but I just have a feeling.

We're away to Queens and then home to Alloa before then, and Falkirk are away to Airdrie and then home to Peterhead, so it could all look a lot different by the 7th. There's many places I'd rather go than Dumfries for a must win game, but at the same time we've won there already this season and they just got absolutely dicked 3-0 off of Kelty. Falkirk going to Airdrie won't be easy as we've found in the last two weeks.

I fancy us both to win our games the weekend prior to the derby. We've beaten Alloa both times in the league this season and fairly certain Falkirk have also done the same against Peterhead. I think Alloa is a trickier task but we should have enough to win.

I do have a good feeling about the McGowan signing, exactly the type of player I'd have wanted, creative, bags of experience, worked under the manager before so he should get the best out of him. We've got the young boys on loan from Rangers, Dundee Utd, Motherwell etc and they've been great but I think the experience McGowan will bring over the next couple of months will be massive.

Edited by The Toun Clock

12 games left and we’re 5 points clear. If Falkirk average 2.5 points per game - which would be incredible form over 12 games, we would need 26 points from 12 games. For me, that’s a worst case scenario. That would involve Falkirk dropping just 6 points in 12 games.

Without doubt, the head to head fixtures are important. But if we can avoid defeat in both (or even just win one of them), then I can’t see us losing the title. Lose both games though, or let Falkirk take 4 points from the 2 games and it’s all about who picks up most points in the 10 other remaining games.

Nice wee goal after Craig Wighton set up GGH to unleash McGowan.

Boy loves a wind-up - expect this against Falkirk:

But if it's not going well, can always rely on him to dish out the telts:

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Without doubt, the head to head fixtures are important. But if we can avoid defeat in both (or even just win one of them), then I can’t see us losing the title. Lose both games though, or let Falkirk take 4 points from the 2 games and it’s all about who picks up most points in the 10 other remaining games.

Aye, if we can get 2 points minimum from the Falkirk games we should be fine. Any less than that and it's squeaky bum time.

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Just noticed the guy that does Pars Review has posted a link from Germany, apparently we're playing St.Pauli in a friendly 23rd June (at home unfortunately) 

Hopefully it's my only visit to East End Park in 2023.