Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Comrie has started at right centre back in the last 4 league games, he's kept a clean sheet in 3 of those. Think it's harsh to say he isn't great there. That doesn't take away from the fact that we absolutely need at least one centre half in on loan.

Well I'm sure we'll find out today if Breen is okay when the Thursday managers interview comes out.

The youth centre half we have, Sam Young, would be able to cope with L1 football if called on? I know he's been on the bench a few times and played in the challenge cup defeat up at Dens. He looks fairly physical so I think he could cope with that part of it. Anyone seen him play regularly for the reserves/youths?

Warning signs are definitely there. Couple of signings are needed to cover us when the worst eventually comes. Just get a couple of solid enough signings for this league. That’ll more than do at this stage just to get us over the line. 

Signing Euan Murray and Sam Fisher for a Championship campaign, if we go up, should be a big priority. 

11 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Well I'm sure we'll find out today if Breen is okay when the Thursday managers interview comes out.

The youth centre half we have, Sam Young, would be able to cope with L1 football if called on? I know he's been on the bench a few times and played in the challenge cup defeat up at Dens. He looks fairly physical so I think he could cope with that part of it. Anyone seen him play regularly for the reserves/youths?

Seen him in 2 games thought he did well enough but there really isn't any pressure from fans and the intensity is much lower so probably not fair to judge him.

It's dissapointing another week has gone by with no defenders coming in.

Good to at least hear Paul Allan will be back around the first week of March.

Thank fuk. Speculation back in December that Aston Villa and Fulham are trying to pinch him from Celtic.

I would like to see another CB/LB come in. Another central midfielder too. Might take Paul Allan a bit of time to get up to speed when he returns. Todd should be kept as an AM, don't think he is suited to playing deeper in midfield.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Signed Ewan Otoo on loan from Celtic. 20 year old centre half but can also cover left back.

Captained them against us in the SPFL Trophy.

Good news. Hopefully the guy comes in and does well. Really pleased that it’s someone who can cover LB too. On paper, sounds like some very good business for us.

edit - do Celtic B not play their home games at Airdrie? Should know the pitch well, if so.

Edited by CallumPar