Walking Down The Halbeath Road

19 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Will 100% be a typo, some of the stuff that gets posted on the official site is embarrassing, takes a couple of mintues to proof read things. I do that as part of my job for others that are sending letters out the door and I think I might offer my services at this Play Your Part evening next week. Last week something got posted out and there was just a random number in the middle of a word.

And you still have the job? 🤔

I hope this isn't your job application for Play Your Part! 😋

Edited by Bairn in Exile

23 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Also, rumours on another forum that we've given up the lease on Rosyth. 

That'll go down very, very badly if it's true! 

Honestly couldn't give a sh1te about Rosyth. Think the club should be concentrating on getting us out the seaside leagues before thinking about projects that are completely out of context of where we are.

12 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Honestly couldn't give a sh1te about Rosyth. Think the club should be concentrating on getting us out the seaside leagues before thinking about projects that are completely out of context of where we are.

Yeah I’m sure it’ll all still happen, focus is getting out of league one.

Looking forward to a double header against the Pars,   how many do you think Will travel through to Airdrie for the game,  we will probably open  the 2 stands in anticipation of a decent travelling support,  I heard you only sold just shy of 300 for the original game in December....

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Looking forward to a double header against the Pars,   how many do you think Will travel through to Airdrie for the game,  we will probably open  the 2 stands in anticipation of a decent travelling support,  I heard you only sold just shy of 300 for the original game in December....

Honestly think you’ll be looking at around 700-800 Pars fans. Seem to have a core away support of around that number. Doesn’t seem to be a great deal of enthusiasm amongst our wider fanbase.

I’ve enjoyed watching the team this season, but it seems like some of our fans expected us to dominate every week - which is unrealistic in this division. It’s more competitive and the standard of players are better than they were in 2015-16. We’re winning most weeks, we’re well organised and battling hard. I just like seeing us win, regardless of performance.

Next 2 games will be a good test for us. Airdrie played well at East End. Looking at results, it seems like Airdrie have a lot of attacking threat, but are vulnerable at the back. Given our strength is our defending and scoring goals is a weakness, it has the makings of a decent game.

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

Much like everyone else has said I reckon 500-700, there’s a good core of Pars away fans that go week in week out regardless of opposition/form. Won’t be making it myself as I’ve something on in Edinburgh.

Good test for us, I thought Airdrie played well in the first half at East End in August (which feels like 10 years ago), however we played well in the second half, threw everything at it late on, hit the woodwork, had a goal chopped off which was soft. Since then Airdrie have done okay, sometimes absolutely batter good teams and sometimes get absolutely humped.

If the Pars can walk out of this double header with full points I’d be ecstatic. 

Overheard someone yesterday saying we were waiting to see if a Saturday was available for the Falkirk rescheduled game. I thought it must be the next round of the cup should Falkirk lose to Darvel, however we’re already pencilled in to play Peterhead (a) that day (11th of March). Looked at our remaining fixtures and they all go Saturday to Saturday with no gaps until the end of the season which means that there’s no way we could be hoping for a Saturday. Hopefully hear something about that this week!

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Overheard someone yesterday saying we were waiting to see if a Saturday was available for the Falkirk rescheduled game. I thought it must be the next round of the cup should Falkirk lose to Darvel, however we’re already pencilled in to play Peterhead (a) that day (11th of March). Looked at our remaining fixtures and they all go Saturday to Saturday with no gaps until the end of the season which means that there’s no way we could be hoping for a Saturday. Hopefully hear something about that this week!

Yeh it will have to be a Tuesday or Wednesday and I assume thankfully we haven't decided to try and play it on valentine's day.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Yeh it will have to be a Tuesday or Wednesday and I assume thankfully we haven't decided to try and play it on valentine's day.

It was bad enough the time we played then on April 1st. Sammy came out wearing a Falkirk top, their fans started singing COYP and I felt like I was in a cuckoo clock.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

It was bad enough the time we played then on April 1st. Sammy came out wearing a Falkirk top, their fans started singing COYP and I felt like I was in a cuckoo clock.

Kelty Hearts on that date this year so no doubt similar patter to be expected.

Was hoping to see a centre back coming this week, still time but not a great deal of confidence anything will be done. 

Huge game on Saturday and we need to get recruits in for some really tough and improtant games over the course of this month.

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Was hoping to see a centre back coming this week, still time but not a great deal of confidence anything will be done. 

Huge game on Saturday and we need to get recruits in for some really tough and improtant games over the course of this month.

100%, still I wouldn't be shocked if something happens before the weekend, not ITK just a guess. It was already pretty desperate but after the Breen incident it was magnified. Whether Breen is injured or not I don't know, but we need cover at least. 

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Same here. Not sure how Breen is, but there’s no way he’ll be 100% after being stretchered off last week. Also not convinced by Comrie as a longer term option in the back 3.

To be honest, I’m not totally sure how we’ll set up. Airdrie have some decent attacking players and Clyde exploited space behind the wing backs, so would imagine Airdrie will be able to do that more effectively. Back 4 might be a ‘safer’ option this week.

I’m concerned about our lack of centre back options. Assuming Breen won’t be fit this week, we’ll have Sam Young, who I don’t think has played a league match, and Kyle Benedictus. That isn’t ideal. Hamilton I suppose you can put in there, but then your creating a headache in the middle where we really need him for the midfield battles. 
We’re allowed to make 3 more loans before the end of the month. Need to make signings pronto. We’ve been using Comrie as a centre half, who isn’t the best there. He does a job, but you’re wanting a bit more than that.