Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Worth noting that although we've brought in 5 players, we have also moved 6 on. Would be amazed if the business we've done in this window wasn't cost neutral. If McPake hasn't shuffled the deck he's clearly happy with what he's got - not sure how that can be leveled at your board. I suppose we'll find out come May whether he's made the right decision 

20230201_135835.thumb.jpg.1e555d89f0d5c3503e3ae2ca7d00af24.jpg

He said in the summer he'd only sign to improve the squad, not just make up the numbers and we ended up only signing three permanent players in the summer with four loans. He's kept the same policy in this window and we've not brought in anyone, whilst also losing a key player. I'd stick my house on us signing a couple of people on loan before the end of the month. It's a hard one, he's happy with what he has, we're 5 clear at the top of the league, the players we have used thus far have achieved that. That being said, we've rode our luck in games, late winner against Edinburgh, late winner against Alloa of the top of my head. 2/4 strikers have been injured for large parts of the season, however we've been okay with injuries and suspensions but I'm sure that won't last.

1 minute ago, SouthStander1876 said:

We done that the season we blew the 9 point lead to Partick and finished 5th I believe. Nesbitt, Mccann and Williamson all signed up expecting to play in the championship but got caught in league 1

Exactly. For me, one way or another both Dunfermline and Falkirk will be playing Championship football next season. I think the one who doesn't win the league is strong enough to go up via the playoffs. However, there's a chance that won't happen and if we've spent January looking at potential signings for next season and then don't go up it'll be a complete shambles on our part.

Reading into it, I think he's identified guys who will become available in the summer for free, but wanted them now and couldn't make it happen. I'd imagine we'll now make loan offers for those players now with a view to signing permanently in the summer. One of two in and we're happy, we know we need to fill the void left by Sam Fisher and could do with another one in midfield, preferably a winger and I think that's what he'll want hence the interest in Niall McGinn. Get a couple in and we'll be confident to carry on and win this, but fail to and I think it'll be much more of a struggle.

3 hours ago, mo83 said:

Ryan Willamson....IGetting a fair amount of stick from the Lolkirk lot saying we have signed a dud ,how was he with you guys?

There was a time he was really good, bombing down the line. I'm sure Hibs were sniffing around then as has been said injuries took their toll.
Not that he was ever a hard man but he seemed even more tentative in all aspects. 

If its still in there somewhere he could be class. 

30 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

If we blow up and drop to play offs...I don't see us coming up that way. 

Don't want to really think about it but I think we'd have a great chance of going up through the play-offs.

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

As much as I'd love Dunfermline to stay down while we go up, I'd be very happy if we both went up because it's nice to finally have the regular debies back

Yeah I think for bragging rights we'd momentarily enjoy it if one stayed down, however next season in the Championship we'd both want that derby again.

19 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Yeah I think for bragging rights we'd momentarily enjoy it if one stayed down, however next season in the Championship we'd both want that derby again.

Both boards will be praying that we both go up and that QP and Inverness are promoted with Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock or Motherwell coming down.

4 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Worth noting that although we've brought in 5 players, we have also moved 6 on. Would be amazed if the business we've done in this window wasn't cost neutral. If McPake hasn't shuffled the deck he's clearly happy with what he's got - not sure how that can be leveled at your board. I suppose we'll find out come May whether he's made the right decision 

20230201_135835.thumb.jpg.1e555d89f0d5c3503e3ae2ca7d00af24.jpg

Look at the players that are going out, and where they're going. You reckon Seb Ross, Jamie Wilson, Finlay Malcolm and Paddy Martin will be cost neutral with those coming in? Including a transfer fee? Gies peace. 

3 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

As much as I'd love Dunfermline to stay down while we go up, I'd be very happy if we both went up because it's nice to finally have the regular debies back

Not for me tbf, If we went up I'd be absolutely delighted for Falkirk to stay down, wouldn't miss the derbies at all. I could absolutely go four games without hearing songs about Norrie and the such like

9 hours ago, mo83 said:

Ryan Willamson....IGetting a fair amount of stick from the Lolkirk lot saying we have signed a dud ,how was he with you guys?

You have not signed a dud, merely a footballer who has legs of glass and the heart of a field moose

On 31/01/2023 at 20:04, CallumPar said:

As far as I’m aware, they haven’t even started the work required to get the planning application approved for the artificial pitch.

99% sure not at the last supporters meeting but the one before that they said that it was the Scottish water aspect of the planning for the artificial pitch that they were waiting on so something has been going on for months.

On 31/01/2023 at 21:09, The Toun Clock said:

where’s the European players we were supposed to be looking at in previous windows

To comply with the post Brexit visa rules they pretty much have to be international level players so guys like Vytas and the Faroese boy Raith brought in will be the limited pool we would have to fish in so I don't think there is a massive queue of them waiting to come to the third tier of Scottish football. I would have hoped we would look to the Irish league which will be starting up soon but I think we have missed the boat there now.

11 hours ago, CallumPar said:

But having our own academy and training facilities will not be sustainable if we don’t earn promotion from league one.

I guess that's the point of the German investment to build the fundamental blocks and be able to do so in a division which can't sustain such things financially.

Bringing the academy in is probably were all the German money has gone which will in the future bring in talent and I'm sure anyone who has seen the youth players play it's been money well spent.

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

99% sure not at the last supporters meeting but the one before that they said that it was the Scottish water aspect of the planning for the artificial pitch that they were waiting on so something has been going on for months.

All this is freely available on the official site. I'm beginning to suspect people know this fine well when they are 'just asking questions'. If not then I would wonder how they've missed it.

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

All this is freely available on the official site. I'm beginning to suspect people know this fine well when they are 'just asking questions'. If not then I would wonder how they've missed it.

The planning application was actually approved on the 27th September, so no doubt they will be aiming to have it ready for pre season.

https://planning.fife.gov.uk/online/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=RDZALFHFIPX00

1 minute ago, 101 said:

The planning application was actually approved on the 27th September, so no doubt they will be aiming to have it ready for pre season.

https://planning.fife.gov.uk/online/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=RDZALFHFIPX00

Where's the planning documents for the new Aldi?