Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He'll have offers from higher up the food chain no doubt, but McPake was desperate to get Lafferty in at Dens last January. 

Lafferty actually agreed a deal but our board pissed about so he went to Kilmarnock instead after we continually delayed confirming it much to Lafferty and McPake's frustrations.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him try and tempt him again if you need a striker.

Striker's one thing that we definitely don't need.

1 minute ago, DeclanG said:

Striker's one thing that we definitely don't need.

Never stopped McPake before with his policy of all positions can be upgraded if the right player comes along. 

I’d be shocked if we were even in the same sentence as Lafferty tbh. He wouldn’t be everyone’s cup of tea but I’d absolutely take him if it was possible, again I think that’s not the case. Wonder could he end up at Queens Park? Simon Murray has just moved to Ross County, they’d be able to throw plenty cash I’m sure.

Just now, CallumPar said:

Craig Cairns reporting any activity at East End tonight is unlikely. But to watch out for loans (that may become permanent) in the next few weeks.

Just read that, pathetic. Sick of hearing how hard they’re working behind the scenes. Be class when players arrive at the end of February when we’ve inevitably dropped more points. 

13 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Just read that, pathetic. Sick of hearing how hard they’re working behind the scenes. Be class when players arrive at the end of February when we’ve inevitably dropped more points. 

Unless you know what has happened, how is it pathetic? As said before, they could have offered multiple players deals but have been turned down.

5 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not going to lie, happy to wait if they’re worth waiting for. But we need reinforcements and we can’t wait too long. At some point, we have to compromise a bit.

Also kind of wondering what’s going on with this German investment. Clearly none being spent on first team budget. Training ground also seems to have stalled. As far as I’m aware, they haven’t even started the work required to get the planning application approved for the artificial pitch. Never mind starting the actual work to have the place fully functioning. Must be costing a lot of money and be a pain for the players to be all over the place for training facilities.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Unless you know what has happened, how is it pathetic? As said before, they could have offered multiple players deals but have been turned down.

Because, it’s been the same crap all through the summer window and now all through the winter window. Trying to get players in, has to be right etc. Will 100% cost us.

16 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Not going to lie, happy to wait if they’re worth waiting for. But we need reinforcements and we can’t wait too long. At some point, we have to compromise a bit.

Also kind of wondering what’s going on with this German investment. Clearly none being spent on first team budget. Training ground also seems to have stalled. As far as I’m aware, they haven’t even started the work required to get the planning application approved for the artificial pitch. Never mind starting the actual work to have the place fully functioning. Must be costing a lot of money and be a pain for the players to be all over the place for training facilities.

Yes and no. Plenty games to play between now and the end of February, potentially even the rescheduled Falkirk game. Waiting until near the end of the loan window closes could cost us dearly. Everyone else manages to make signings  and improve their squads, we’ve lost one and not replaced, a failure of a window.

My thoughts exactly. Went along to the PSC meeting hoping to hear an update about the training ground and Dave Cook said straight away that there was work being done but little updates to share. Meggle was actually there sitting in the crowd along with other board members, didn’t say a word. Be nice to hear a bit more from these guys. I know Dave Cook plans on doing an interview this week that will be posted so he might have more to share.

But, again, how do we know they haven't already offered deals to multiple players but have been knocked back? How do we know McPake hasn't already approached his targets, ones he feel will add quality, but they don't want to sign for the club?

It could of course be possible that McPake is being picky though and trying to wait for select targets whilst other potential ones move elsewhere, and if that is the case he should be getting test by the board.

As for the investors, pretty sure it's been said from the start and many times since that they were never here to chuck cash at the first team.

Edited by DA Baracus

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

But, again, how do we know they haven't already offered deals to multiple players but have been knocked back? How do we know McPake hasn't already approached his targets, ones he feel will add quality, but they don't want to sign for the club?

As for the investors, pretty sure it's been said from the start and many times since that they were never here to chuck cash at the first team.

Surely if he has say five targets they’re not all rejecting deals to come here? Or to twist it, has he not got a plan B if only focussing on one target? 

You’re right about the investors not just spending on the first team, but they’ve spent little money on anything else, oh apart from the pay off for the massive disaster that was Peter Grant and possibly Yogi both of which were entirely their fault.

Edited by The Toun Clock

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

Surely if he has say five targets they’re not all rejecting deals to come here? Or to twist it, has he not got a plan B if only focussing on one target? 

You’re right about the investors not just spending on the first team, but they’ve spent little money on anything else, oh apart from the pay off for the massive disaster that was Peter Grant and possibly Yogi both of which were entirely their fault.

We're a League 1 club. It's hardly the most attractive prospect. Perhaps the players simply got better offers elsewhere? Any Championship club would probably be a better prospect if they could match or better wages.

Regarding the investors, I must have missed them plugging big gaps due to COVID and paying for the academy players etc, not to mention the outlay for the ground at Rosyth and, when they can finally build on it, the actual facility itself. Also is the board simply just the investor group now if you're claiming they are entirely to blame for Grant and Hughes? Could have sworn there were more guys on it. Pretty sure we used to have a chairman who was actually the main driving force behind the Grant appointment.

Actually, only two of the investor group are on the board, which comprises 8 people. Are we to believe these two, and these two only, make all the decisions at the club now?  

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_Board_of_Directors&ID=3615

I've seen it elsewhere but seems like you're lashing out at the investor group for various things due to lack of signings. Why do the rest of the board, and the chairman, get off with any blame here? 

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We're a League 1 club. It's hardly the most attractive prospect. Perhaps the players simply got better offers elsewhere? Any Championship club would probably be a better prospect if they could match or better wages.

Regarding the investors, I must have missed them plugging big gaps due to COVID and paying for the academy players etc, not to mention the outlay for the ground at Rosyth and, when they can finally build on it, the actual facility itself. Also is the board simply just the investor group now if you're claiming they are entirely to blame for Grant and Hughes? Could have sworn there were more guys on it. Pretty sure we used to have a chairman who was actually the main driving force behind the Grant appointment.

Actually, only two of the investor group are on the board, which comprises 8 people. Are we to believe these two, and these two only, make all the decisions at the club now?  

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_Board_of_Directors&ID=3615

I've seen it elsewhere but seems like you're lashing out at the investor group for various things due to lack of signings. Why do the rest of the board, and the chairman, get off with any blame here? 

Maybe not overly attractive but also not the most unattractive. I’d say players wouldn’t hate the idea of joining Dunfermline or Falkirk with a a realistic chance of a league winners medal or promotion then a crack at the Championship.

Well obviously they’ve helped pay for more things than paying off two failed managers, but let’s face it, the Rosyth facility doesn’t look any different to what it was, windows all boarded up. I know there was issues with planning etc but there was no clarity in the recent meeting, just a quick move on from the chairman. 

Yes, there’s more people on the board than the Germans but it seems to me like they had the say with the chairman. What’s the point in me going off at McCarthur, he’s gone. I actually do think the Germans with Cook have a bigger say about what goes on. Meggle is supposed to be the sporting director, where’s the European players we were supposed to be looking at in previous windows. 

None of them are getting off without blame, manager, chairman, board, investors are all at fault. It’s a disappointing window for a number of reasons, some out with our control ie Nisbet, however our closest rival in the league has hit some good form, binned duds and strengthened and we’re pissing about hoping that some sort of superstar is going to fall into our lap. Needs to be better than what we have, let me tell you, what we have isn’t that great, we’ve rode our luck a number of times this season and that won’t last.

Edited by The Toun Clock