Walking Down The Halbeath Road

11 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Daily Record reporting us and Falkirk are after Euan Murray

5ABF8889-AEA7-4C41-9A92-0508E943755D.thumb.png.08a788c506f6bb1aae941283198e6754.png

That would be fantastic, if it can be done. Would be very disappointing if he went to Falkirk. He’s far too good for this level.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

That would be fantastic, if it can be done. Would be very disappointing if he went to Falkirk. He’s far too good for this level.

Be a welcome addition. My thoughts, he would have played in a back two with Bene at Raith before he came to us, however probably managed by McGlynn too, not that these things matter. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

8 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

he would have played in a back two with Bene at Raith before he came to us, however probably managed by McGlynn too, not that these things matter

He mostly played at full back for us but had quite a few games at CH next to Bene and also McGlynn did manage him for a season before he left 

8 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Be a welcome addition. My thoughts, he would have played in a back two with Bene at Raith before he came to us, however probably managed by McGlynn too, not that these things matter. 

From memory, McGlynn/Raith were quite bitter about his/Nisbet’s departure? Obviously more Nisbet than Murray. But the double transfer did not go down well. Seem to remember Murray talking about being frustrated when Raith rejected our first 2/3 bids as well. I got told at the time that he submitted a transfer request to try and force a move here.

That being said, McGlynn wants to win and knows that Murray would improve his chances of doing so. Probably won’t even be Murray’s decision. More likely to be a case of who offers Hartlepool the best deal.

I'd be very surprised if he turned up at our door to be honest. Only way I can think of us being seen as light in defence is if McGlynn is now considering Henderson as more of a midfielder after his performances there the last few games, that would leave us with Donaldson, McKay, Mackie and Watson (who to be fair sounds like he won't be playing for us again.)

If it’s his choice I think he’ll end up with us, he didn’t leave on terrible terms, Killie came in for him, offered more coin and a sensible move where he did go on to win the Championship. He also understands the Dunfermline/Falkirk rivalry, captained us to the win between the two in the league cup during covid times and scored if I’m not mistaken. Still he could just fancy something new and end up at TFS.

If it comes down to Hartlepool they might have a preference, it may depend how offers more cash. 

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

If it’s his choice I think he’ll end up with us, he didn’t leave on terrible terms, Killie came in for him, offered more coin and a sensible move where he did go on to win the Championship. He also understands the Dunfermline/Falkirk rivalry, captained us to the win between the two in the league cup during covid times and scored if I’m not mistaken. Still he could just fancy something new and end up at TFS.

If it comes down to Hartlepool they might have a preference, it may depend how offers more cash. 

You will be utterly gazumped by the navy blue pound if it comes down to cash.

Also yes, it was him that scored against us in the League Cup game.

He'll have offers from higher up the food chain no doubt, but McPake was desperate to get Lafferty in at Dens last January. 

Lafferty actually agreed a deal but our board pissed about so he went to Kilmarnock instead after we continually delayed confirming it much to Lafferty and McPake's frustrations.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him try and tempt him again if you need a striker.