Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I know it was already mentioned that he’d turned down Millwall but a few of the red tops posting photos on their twitter of Nisbet arriving back at Glasgow airport an hour or so ago. Tell you one thing, that’s a big suitcase for someone who went down and changed their mind. I hope to Christ he didn’t fail a medial and this wasn’t actually his choice.

Also, I noticed the club posting something on the COWS a short while ago, Play your Part it’s called, basically trying to get some more volunteers on board so going to do a recruitment night on 6th of Feb. They’ve highlighted some areas they would like assistance with, I think it’s a really good idea. I’ve always wanted to help out in some way but was never sure in what area or how to even do it. I hope it’s a success! https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Play+your+PARt&ID=14201

10 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I know it was already mentioned that he’d turned down Millwall but a few of the red tops posting photos on their twitter of Nisbet arriving back at Glasgow airport an hour or so ago. Tell you one thing, that’s a big suitcase for someone who went down and changed their mind. I hope to Christ he didn’t fail a medial and this wasn’t actually his choice.

Also, I noticed the club posting something on the COWS a short while ago, Play your Part it’s called, basically trying to get some more volunteers on board so going to do a recruitment night on 6th of Feb. They’ve highlighted some areas they would like assistance with, I think it’s a really good idea. I’ve always wanted to help out in some way but was never sure in what area or how to even do it. I hope it’s a success! https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Play+your+PARt&ID=14201

Away and talk shite, you think Millwall would have allowed the spin on it to be him rejecting them if that wasn't actually the case?

23 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Tell you one thing, that’s a big suitcase for someone who went down and changed their mind.

I mean training gear, at least a couple of pairs of trainers and boots and a few days clothes probably would be in a case that big, and with football clubs being as leaky as they are we would have heard if he had failed a medical.

That said I was listening to a medical and it's not so much pass or fail it's them looking at your health and your history and making a judgement call, if he's fit enough to play he will be able to pass a medical unless there is something in his scans which have scared Millwall off. 

34 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Maybe filled his pants when he arrived at the New Den.

Interesting part of town.

10 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Away and talk shite, you think Millwall would have allowed the spin on it to be him rejecting them if that wasn't actually the case?

We don’t know, Millwall have said nothing about the situation. I’m only looking at some comments on social media from Millwall fans, just like up here they have fans that think they’re ITK and said he failed a medical. 

10 hours ago, 101 said:

I mean training gear, at least a couple of pairs of trainers and boots and a few days clothes probably would be in a case that big, and with football clubs being as leaky as they are we would have heard if he had failed a medical.

That said I was listening to a medical and it's not so much pass or fail it's them looking at your health and your history and making a judgement call, if he's fit enough to play he will be able to pass a medical unless there is something in his scans which have scared Millwall off. 

Aye you’re probably right mate, bag isn’t all that bag when you consider that. Does Nizzy have a kid now, suppose just uplifting your family and moving is a bit more of an issue than going yourself.

10 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Maybe filled his pants when he arrived at the New Den.

Interesting part of town.

There is always this, their fans don’t seem very happy with him on social media so definitely be filling them now.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Millwall seems like an abysmal club and wouldn't blame anyone for not signing for them.

I think former Raith players don't do well in Millwall anyway!

He probably took one look at the gamony types and thought I can see arseholes much closer to home.

Just took a trip down memory lane, after watching the highlights I came across “Going Up” from the 1999/2000 promotion season. It was the first year I had a full season ticket IIRC, think I might have got a half season ticket the year we went down. 

Couldn’t help but admire the squad of players we had, especially attacking. Andy Smith, Petrie, Crawford, Coyle, Bullen, Moss, Hampshire. A lot of big characters in that squad that were well known in Scottish football, then the season after we’d began our European signing spree with Jimmy C bringing in a lot of Dutch guys, plus Skerla etc. good times.

Great seeing some of the old stadiums packed out with big travelling supports (and home). I was never at Brockville but from the clips online it looked like the perfect setting for a derby game. The old away end at Love Street also brilliant, I was there for the Sombreros and Beachballs win, maybe one other time too. Then it goes to Ayr & Morton, exactly the same as they are now 😂

Seemed like we just made signings whenever then, was there no transfer window? Or is it just the way the video has been edited? 

Blethering on a bit but how bloody good was Stevie Crawford?

I remember going away to Brockville with Crawford and Coyle. Loved that yellow shirt we had.

My dad reminds me of pieces of the terrace being chucked around and im sure some of the supporters buses got their windows panned in. 

Coyle was frightening that season, already getting on a wee bit but was a goal machine. But the stand out moment from that season for me was Craws goal at Love Street, sublime. 

14 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

I remember going away to Brockville with Crawford and Coyle. Loved that yellow shirt we had.

My dad reminds me of pieces of the terrace being chucked around and im sure some of the supporters buses got their windows panned in. 

Coyle was frightening that season, already getting on a wee bit but was a goal machine. But the stand out moment from that season for me was Craws goal at Love Street, sublime. 

A complete screamer, his first one wasn’t bad either!

20 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Who is your goalkeeper coach? Looked really recognisable last week but can't think of a name, been annoying me!

Not sure of the name. But he’s been promoted from academy coach. McPake brought in Alan Main, who then retired/left football. Then McPake confirmed the academy GK coach was joining first team full time.

edit - found his name now. Andrew Collier.

Edited by CallumPar