Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The clubs twitter just posted some Josh Edwards content, little montage of some goals etc so fairly confident an announcement on a new deal won’t be far off. Huge if so, if we go up I think he stays and plays in the Championship. If he decides to go in the summer then we still get a fee. 

Great bit of business. He’s been fantastic this season and was one of the very few that impressed last season. Great to have him under contract, which means we can command a fee in the summer, if he keeps up his form.

Very few players seem to have extended contracts here in the last 4/5 years. Other than the former youth players (McCann, Todd and Allan) I can only think of Edwards, Comrie and Dow that have done so. Hopefully McPake can help us change that trend. Edwards joined when we went through a spell of paying nominal fees/compensation for younger players. Worth noting that he is the only one of those players that ever signed an extension. The others saw out their contracts and left for free.

Couple of good signings for Falkirk today. Can’t say I know an awful lot about the boy from Ross Co other than he scored two goals against us for Montrose. Allan also scored two against us at East End and the boy Meekison from Dundee Utd is a name I’ve heard banded about, I think Utd expect him to do well for them in time.

Two of their new signings have scored 36% of the 11 league goals we’ve conceded this season. Expect them to move for Frizzel at Airdrie, Paton at Queens, Lyon at Kelty and the two jobbers that scored against us for Peterhead next. Not Agyeman though, I’d genuinely think we will make a move at some point, he was named in a McPake Thursday interview the other week and also the player who’s impressed McPake the most (said this at the council meeting). I think once the Nizzy money comes in we might move one striker on and bring him in, offers something completely different.

6 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

If you head over to the Falkirk thread you'll realise all our efforts are in vain as they have already clinched the title. Shame 

They’re a weird bunch. They’ve had that same mentality every transfer window for the last 3/4 years. Apparently they’ll never learn!

22 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

McPake mentions pre-contract signings again in his interview. Think Agyeman will be a target for coming in the summer and Todorov away.

I think Agyeman is one we could improve and sell on again. Would like to see him in this window if possible.

33 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

They’re a weird bunch. They’ve had that same mentality every transfer window for the last 3/4 years. Apparently they’ll never learn!

Eh no, we were painfully aware that we were signing pub team players, it was the so called managers that thought otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

@Salvo Montalbanoinvited us over and we come in and find you talking smack about us?

rude. 

Ach, some of my fellow Pars are a bit touchy, that's all. We're all just excited to see Mochrie v Meikelson (sp?), the Messi v Ronaldo for our times. Just make sure you come back to wish us luck in the play offs.

Meekison is someone I have seen play for a few years. He is a solid signing. Not sure who the other boy is on loan. Jordan Allan is going through a purple patch just now, so Clyde will have commanded a fair whack from Falkirk for him.
I just don’t see how we don’t win the league in all honesty. Falkirk are that far behind that they are going to need to rely on us making a complete c*nt of it, and it just doesn’t look like happening any time soon. 
We just need someone to replace Sam Fisher. Other than that, we have the best team you could hope for, with players all putting in good performances week-in, week-out. We’re grinding out wins that Falkirk drop points in. I just don’t see us suddenly deviating from being that team we have been all season. But if they want to gush over signing Jordan Allan, and profess he will win them the league, then that’s fine. I won’t lose sleep over it when I’m cuddling in to my Craig Whighton* pillow

*Best striker in the league 

Some interesting comments from McPake with regards to transfers from his Thursday interview -

Asked if he had any news of new signings, the gaffer closed:-

"We`re trying really hard and we`ll maybe know by Saturday. There`s a couple there that will help our squad if we can get it done. If not then it just wasn`t to be in this window. We`re looking at precontracts, we`re looking at contracts just now. Other teams are clearly doing that with a couple of our players as well such as regarding Josh, because there were a couple of phone calls about him. I`m hopeful but I`ll not be pushed into doing any. Again, it`s not the answer everybody wants to hear but it has to be the right fit. The ones that we have identified certainly are. We`ll see what happens."

So potentially a chance for some movement before the Clyde game. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Meekison is someone I have seen play for a few years. He is a solid signing. Not sure who the other boy is on loan. Jordan Allan is going through a purple patch just now, so Clyde will have commanded a fair whack from Falkirk for him.
I just don’t see how we don’t win the league in all honesty. Falkirk are that far behind that they are going to need to rely on us making a complete c*nt of it, and it just doesn’t look like happening any time soon. 
We just need someone to replace Sam Fisher. Other than that, we have the best team you could hope for, with players all putting in good performances week-in, week-out. We’re grinding out wins that Falkirk drop points in. I just don’t see us suddenly deviating from being that team we have been all season. But if they want to gush over signing Jordan Allan, and profess he will win them the league, then that’s fine. I won’t lose sleep over it when I’m cuddling in to my Craig Whighton* pillow

*Best striker in the league 

Obviously it would be great if we won the league but getting out of this festering swamp of a league is the only thing that really matters.

If we do it through the playoffs then job done.

9 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Some interesting comments from McPake with regards to transfers from his Thursday interview -

Asked if he had any news of new signings, the gaffer closed:-

"We`re trying really hard and we`ll maybe know by Saturday. There`s a couple there that will help our squad if we can get it done. If not then it just wasn`t to be in this window. We`re looking at precontracts, we`re looking at contracts just now. Other teams are clearly doing that with a couple of our players as well such as regarding Josh, because there were a couple of phone calls about him. I`m hopeful but I`ll not be pushed into doing any. Again, it`s not the answer everybody wants to hear but it has to be the right fit. The ones that we have identified certainly are. We`ll see what happens."

So potentially a chance for some movement before the Clyde game. 

I kind of took the “we’ll maybe know by Saturday” to mean that they’ll have an answer from the player/club and know if they’ll be here this month, rather than being signed today. Would love to be wrong though.

If Hibs sell Nisbet, I’d like to think we could pay a small fee to get one or two of the players we’ve offered pre-contracts to just now.