Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Let's be honest here, regardless of a football shirts quality or indeed manufacturer, nobody over 30 year old should be wearing them. It's like seeing plasticine squashed in a balloon older men wearing fitbaw tops. 

😄 OK then. Could you let the club know their income is about to take a dent from sales falling. 

I didn't bother buying the home and away kit this season, very lazy with them both being the same minus the colour. I do quite like the third kit and might buy that for playing 7's etc. I felt last season's revamp of the green & purple classic and the maroon/navy this season was also very lazy. We've had two kits that should be looked at as collectors items and both have been very poor.

My personal choice would be Errea but quite like the Macron stuff too. Agree with the above post from the Airdrie fan, their kits with Umbro have been class. Home one last season looked brilliant and the blue one they wore at East End earlier in the season was really cool. Be interesting to see what comes.

Edited by The Toun Clock

22 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah. From what I heard, the relationship with Joma is dead. Two sides to every story, but apparently the feeling at the club was that we didn’t get the same service that we used to. Will be good to get a fresh start and hopefully some new ideas. Will be very disappointing if we don’t get bespoke kits anymore though.

We didn’t plan for a third kit this season, but Joma refused to produce/provide anymore home or away tops after first batch sold out and gave us a rubbish catalogue third kit instead. Of course, both parties knew the deal was up and wouldn’t be renewed before we requested more tops, so it’s possibly not a great surprise that they weren’t very accommodating. But it seems like very poor customer service anyway - particularly since the contract with Joma doesn’t expire until June.

Fans of other clubs probably better to ask about quality of other suppliers, but Macron kits always looked quite decent. Hopefully we don’t go for some sort of Nike/Adidas catalogue kit, that will be worn by Sunday league teams.

Surely Pendle is the garment of choice of Sunday League teams. 

Don't think you could read anything into the Agyeman link, Belfast Telegraph likely just plucked us and Falkirk out of thin air. As much as I'd love a goalscorer, I'd doubt we'd bring a forward in without one of the four we've got leaving.

57 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Don't think you could read anything into the Agyeman link, Belfast Telegraph likely just plucked us and Falkirk out of thin air. As much as I'd love a goalscorer, I'd doubt we'd bring a forward in without one of the four we've got leaving.

Aye you're probably right mate. At times in the season I'd have let any of the front four go but it's now only really O'Hara that needs to prove himself this season. Wighton been really good since injury, Todorov scoring important goals and is a general nuisance, McCann comes off the bench to score the winner in his first game backk Also, if McPake's comments are anything to go by O'Hara isn't going anywhere.

I'd need to get changed if we did end up announcing Agyeman.

I notice Falkirk have managed to get rid of a few of their duds so I'd expect them to strengthen in the window. Equally McPake said we had some very interesting things going on behind the scenes.

I take it the loans can play tomorrow. There's been no news on them going back, re-signing for the remainder of the season apart from forum rumours. I assume something must be confirmed ahead of tomorrow.

4 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

very interesting things going on behind the scenes.

I don't want very interesting I want very good.

Jim Leishman signing a 3 year contract would be interesting but not very promising.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I don't want very interesting I want very good.

Jim Leishman signing a 3 year contract would be interesting but not very promising.

Dunno, heard he scored a goal at Ibrox...

For me, O Hara doesn't come right back into the picture other than perhaps a late sub against tired defenders. Really don't see where he fits into the team at all as you're dropping Wighton, KRH or Mochrie. I'd even have Todorov and McCann ahead of him. 

On 06/01/2023 at 19:24, The Toun Clock said:

Kane Ritchie-Hosler confirmed as staying on loan until the end of the season. Good news, now let’s get Mochrie, Fisher and Mahon and a couple newbies!

Mochrie and Fisher yes....Mahon?

No thanks...let him go back home please....