Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Niall McGinn rumoured to be in for a move to EEP. Morton and Glentoran also interested.

Like Robbie Crawford, you’d imagine McGinn would not want to drop down to League 1, but then again Dundee might not let him leave to a Championship rival. Should in theory be a ridiculous signing for our level. Said that about others in the past though and hasn’t quite turned out that way. 

Rumours were we had an offer in for him in the summer, but he rejected to try and fight his way back into the Dundee team. Doesn't look like that has happened so makes sense we're having another go. Might be more attractive now we're clear at the top of the league and he has the opportunity to come in and Martin Hardie the league and be back in the championship next season.

7 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Can't ever remember being late to a game in the last 25 year....if I show up 20 minutes after kick off on Monday with my season ticket, am I getting in aye?

Yeh I would have thought so, especially as the turnstiles aren't staffed I would think you could get in at any time, but maybe worth checking with Drew the SLO?

Big game this Saturday now. FC Edinburgh only a point behind us. An incredible season from them. We should be a good bit ahead if not for stupid draws (the type of games that Edinburgh are winning at the moment) 

18 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Big game this Saturday now. FC Edinburgh only a point behind us. An incredible season from them. We should be a good bit ahead if not for stupid draws (the type of games that Edinburgh are winning at the moment) 

Yet they're still behind us having played 2 more games. Let's not let facts get in the way tho, eh?

Some of the draws have been good results given what's actually transpired on the pitch e.g. Clyde, QoS. 

We could easily have lost both those games. We also weren't at the races in the first half against Falkirk, so although a draw was fair enough in the end, it was a decent outcome given that we could have gone more than a goal behind.

Keep thinking they are going to fall away but fair play to Edinburgh having a fantastic season with some right good players we will need to be at our best. However Edinburgh putting so many goals past Airdrie just shows how crazy it was imo for them to play as defensively as they did in their game at EEP

1 hour ago, Arab_R_us said:

hearing that Chris Mochrie has agreed to sign on till the end of the season 

The guy is very much a WIP & I'm chuffed United think that that work can progress further under McPake/Mackay.

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

The guy is very much a WIP & I'm chuffed United think that that work can progress further under McPake/Mackay.

Yup, happy he can continue his development with us. He isn't going to rip apart the opposition every game but he's shown that there is a game changer in there.

Such quick feet on him, lots of potential. Probably also good that he's going to have to fight for his place even more with KRH, Todd and Todorov and McCann all able to play alongside Wighton or just behind.

12 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Noticed a couple of weeks back Grangemouth FC announced O’Neill’s as their new kit manufacturer. Any idea if the Joma deal is up at the end of the season, and if so who might be coming in?

Joma deal is up, which is a bit of a shame, as we used to have a good relationship with them and get 2 custom strips from them and were "technical partners" rather than just being supplied by them. No idea why or when that changed or who is coming on board next.