Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Coldest game was at Brechin when Falky scored after 15seconds but we drew 1 each, a Potter game. Didn't thaw out in the car back to Aberdeen until after Stonehaven. So so cold. 

I was in the hospital with the wife that night, nothing serious but I was bored reading the updates from the game. 

Awful end to the season. 

8 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

4 years? 😂 He signed til summer 2024 as did Paul Allan and Lewis McCann.

2024. I can just remember the 4 and had it in my head it was 4 years 😂 I think they showed it on one of the electronic boards as that but had it in my head it was 4 year deals for all the young boys 😂

Interestd to know if Todd played as an central AM tonight.

Always thought he's best at AM or wide. Not a central midfielder. Think he's suited to making runs into the box or bombing down the wings. Not so good at putting his foot on the ball and picking passes.

Edited by Chubbychops

Todd's biggest assets are his movement and his work-rate, tonight he was central, playing ahead of Chalmers and Hamilton, which suits his game, he can also do a job at right back/right wing back as well because that also gives him space to bomb forward. With those two behind him, he has more licence to burst forward and the balance of the team overall looked good, Wighton was also able to drop deeper because Todorov was keeping the centre backs busy, both wing backs were flying forward to good effect as well. 4-0 at half time was a fair reflection of the performance, it was excellent. 

What Matty did tonight was also hit two great finishes, as McPake mentions, if he is to be an attacking midfielder, improving his finishing is key for him. 

25 minutes ago, Bucuresti Par said:

Todd's biggest assets are his movement and his work-rate, tonight he was central, playing ahead of Chalmers and Hamilton, which suits his game, he can also do a job at right back/right wing back as well because that also gives him space to bomb forward. With those two behind him, he has more licence to burst forward and the balance of the team overall looked good, Wighton was also able to drop deeper because Todorov was keeping the centre backs busy, both wing backs were flying forward to good effect as well. 4-0 at half time was a fair reflection of the performance, it was excellent. 

What Matty did tonight was also hit two great finishes, as McPake mentions, if he is to be an attacking midfielder, improving his finishing is key for him. 

Thanks for that. Was working and hoped it would be on the radio so had to listen to Argentina game instead. 

Still not great, though unbeaten, at home but we’re maybe scoring a greater variety of goals. Perhaps McPake letting them off the leash a bit after getting them drilled in doing the ugly stuff well. These long runs and cutbacks were such a big part of our success in our last season down here. It was this period in that season where we turned the screw and left everyone for dead.