Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

That's Pitreavie aye? I used to work at the HBOS call centre over the road so would often see the players training. Pitreavie has atrocious drainage and regularly flooded.

Ye back at Pitreavie semi regularly from how often the vans are there.

48 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I think so, looks like the astro pitches they run towards. 

I'm surprised we are using it, we had a court case regarding it didn't we? 

Unsure about the court case (i.e. have no idea!) but surely must be sorted if the players were there? Although would be deeply amusing if the regularly sneaked on the pitches and were chased away by a seething groundsman!

45 minutes ago, 101 said:

Ye back at Pitreavie semi regularly from how often the vans are there.

Greg Shields once reversed a team minibus in to a pillar there.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I think so, looks like the astro pitches they run towards. 

I'm surprised we are using it, we had a court case regarding it didn't we? 

I believe the rat(gm) still owns place? Quite why we’d give him the steam off our piss I’ve no idea.

Think the court case being referred too was when he thought us coming out of administration shouldn’t happen as it would reduce his income?   Absolute scumbag.

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Mentioned this in the match thread for today, but worth repeating here.

In 15/16 when we won this league we won 12 away games. We've already done 6 and haven't played half the season yet. 

We averaged 2.19 points per game that season. We're currently on 2.187.

A long way to go mind, but we've done well so far and only have 3 (league) games before the transfer window opens.

Is this a much tougher league? That season was almost overkill against part timers. The big fitness gap between ft & pt has really closed over the years. 

Really like McPake’s honesty. He spoke about being apprehensive taking the job as he knew it could turn to shit very quickly of things continued the way they had been. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

McPake for me is our biggest strength this season. He's got us organised, has built in resilience, makes changes to influence games, didn't dive into bringing just anyone in, he's improved players from last season. We will go up this season, he'll get his own players close season and we'll go again. He's the most competent Manager we've had since Jefferies. 

Edited by Wind Chime Jimmy

Dunfermline will win the league by 10-15 points. They remind me of Cove last year - solid, don't lose many goals, score a few late goals, aren't spectacular to watch but will grind out wins each week. Their defence has conceded 10 less goals than the next best defence which is unreal. The likes of Falkirk, QOS, ourselves, Edinburgh and Montrose will flail about winning 4 nil, drawing 3-3, losing 5-1 etc and provide exciting games while Dunfermline will steadily move towards the title.

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

7 points clear of Falkirk again and I feel there's much more to come from the team. If we can create and scoring more goals (which I think will come), we will rip the shitty league to ribbons.

I'm not sure there is much more to come, what we're seing is what we'll get, which is fairly consistent. 

16 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I'm not sure there is much more to come, what we're seing is what we'll get, which is fairly consistent. 

Still think we could be more clinical and score more goals but in all likelihood it means winning 2/3-0 as opposed to 1-0 maybe the odd time getting a win out of a draw

On 19/11/2022 at 22:05, DA Baracus said:

Mentioned this in the match thread for today, but worth repeating here.

In 15/16 when we won this league we won 12 away games. We've already done 6 and haven't played half the season yet. 

We averaged 2.19 points per game that season. We're currently on 2.187.

A long way to go mind, but we've done well so far and only have 3 (league) games before the transfer window opens.

Good stuff.

For me, Falkirk need to get on our level. If they don’t then we’ll win the league. I just can’t see our form dipping to allow them to sneak back in. We’ll draw plenty games but we just don’t do getting beat. Plenty of time yet to eat my words, but what I’ve seen so far, we look stick-ons to be champions. 

23 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Agreed. Can’t ask for much more. But, hey, happy for us to add in the winter window if McPake thinks it’ll strengthen us even more. 

Episode 4 of East End Tales is finally out today. 

We talked with Colin Miller about Tannadice 96 and the penultipate match of what was an incredible season. We also chatted a little about Colin's experience with Canada at/not at World Cup Mexico 86 and his thoughts on Canada's chances this year. 

We also can't remember who manages Forfar and we leave you with a brainteaser at the end for next time. 

4- Colin Miller talks Tannadice '96 (buzzsprout.com

Also Champions  part 1. 

Champions part 2. 

https://youtu.be/8QW2kidZZPw

Edited by Stellaboz

Another test for McPake this weekend. Can he end our Scottish cup curse? Our last win in the competition was 18th November 2017 - over 5 years ago. Last goal we scored was 20th January 2018 - Declan McManus v Morton.

We’ve appointed a total of 4 new managers since we last scored a Scottish cup goal. In fact, last time we scored a Scottish cup goal, Falkirk were a championship club. 

I know you can be unlucky with tough draws, but we haven’t been drawn against a side from a higher division during this run.

In the post match video interview, McPake said something like “people talk about the right way to play. I don’t really agree with that”. McGlynn the other week was taking about styles of play etc. McPake, so far, has got it right by being bloody minded. Winning is the most important thing. Everything he and the CEO said in the summer has been correct. Get back to just winning games and never mind about talk of titles, styles of play etc.

36 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Another test for McPake this weekend. Can he end our Scottish cup curse? Our last win in the competition was 18th November 2017 - over 5 years ago. Last goal we scored was 20th January 2018 - Declan McManus v Morton.

We’ve appointed a total of 4 new managers since we last scored a Scottish cup goal. In fact, last time we scored a Scottish cup goal, Falkirk were a championship club. 

I know you can be unlucky with tough draws, but we haven’t been drawn against a side from a higher division during this run.

That run:

19/01/19: Raith Rovers 3-0 Pars

23/11/19: Stranraer 1-0 Pars

23/03/21: Morton 0-0 Pars (Morton won 6-5 on penalties)

26/11/21: Partick Thistle 1-0 Pars

12 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

In the post match video interview, McPake said something like “people talk about the right way to play. I don’t really agree with that”. McGlynn the other week was taking about styles of play etc. McPake, so far, has got it right by being bloody minded. Winning is the most important thing. Everything he and the CEO said in the summer has been correct. Get back to just winning games and never mind about talk of titles, styles of play etc.

Absolutely this. There are only a very small number of clubs that can afford to implement a serious style of play consistently like Barcelona or Ajax and that comes with shitloads of money and years of developing.

Trying to stick rigidly to one "style" at this level or the one above is just being narrow minded. 

Yes, you can try to play a certain way but there comes a time when that won't work and you need a plan B.

AJ and Craw struggled with that, Hughes and Grant failed miserably with it.

McPake has chopped and changed the formation with relative success so far.