Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Amazing how when results go well on the park then the rest falls into place. Only thing that matters in the lower leagues tbh.

Only thing that matters in any league tbf,  we exist to compete on the pitch and do everything we can to win, everything else is extra.

Good news that Dundee United have agreed to Chris Mochrie playing in the Scottish Cup. A sign that he will be with us for the rest of the season.

KRH and Fisher's clubs have agreed too. Only Mahon at Motherwell not agreed.

Think KRH might start playing a bigger part going forward. The management team seem to think he's better centrally than on the wing. They seem to be dishing out a lot of praise on him last few weeks.

17 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Good news that Dundee United have agreed to Chris Mochrie playing in the Scottish Cup. A sign that he will be with us for the rest of the season.

KRH and Fisher's clubs have agreed too. Only Mahon at Motherwell not agreed.

Think KRH might start playing a bigger part going forward. The management team seem to think he's better centrally than on the wing. They seem to be dishing out a lot of praise on him last few weeks.

I hadn’t seen that until I read your post earlier. Hopefully they can all play - suggests clubs might want them to stay here beyond January, which would be good.

15 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Anyone know if legends are showing the World Cup games before and after tomorrow? Assume they will be.

Do they still have TVs? Can't recall last time they showed a game in there, but was there not some issue about licenses for public broadcast?

Reckon that no, they won't be showing any games, but might be best to contact the club.

On 19/11/2022 at 09:41, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Not sure it bothers me to the point I'd retract an opinion. Abba were, are, always will be shite. Up there with Westlife and Bewitched. 

Terrible take from you @Wind Chime Jimmy. You can not like Abba if you want. Musiic all about taste at the end of the day. Bjorn and Benny are great songwriters though. 😝

On 20/11/2022 at 11:11, Diamonds are Forever said:

Dunfermline will win the league by 10-15 points. They remind me of Cove last year - solid, don't lose many goals, score a few late goals, aren't spectacular to watch but will grind out wins each week. Their defence has conceded 10 less goals than the next best defence which is unreal. The likes of Falkirk, QOS, ourselves, Edinburgh and Montrose will flail about winning 4 nil, drawing 3-3, losing 5-1 etc and provide exciting games while Dunfermline will steadily move towards the title.

This, largely. Not sure it will be as much as 10 - 15 points but it could be and they'll certainly win it I think. Consistency and a solid back line makes a league winning combination. I've only seen them once and they didn't look anything particularly special but more than good enough to swat us aside.

Everyone else is just all over the place really. Peterhead and Clyde looked a bit below the rest (as did Edinburgh in 3 games against us but they MUST be better in other games) but they've shown some recent signs of being at least more competitve. The middle 6 or 7 (Kelty looked ok against us but are just a little behind the rest of the pack currently) are all capable of winning heavily or losing heavily and anything in between as you say.

At times we've looked very impressive. First 80 minutes at home to Alloa we were outstanding (in a game we still didn't win). We were very good against Edinburgh three times. But we were abject at home to Clyde, offered nothing in the home games against Dunfermline and Falkirk and we also managed to lose 5-1 at Alloa albeit most of the damage was done in a 5 minute crazy spell in a game we'd dominated up to that point.

I expect most of that middle group could say the same. They'll have had excellent showings and dreadful ones, often within the same game! I think the best I've seen from an opposition this season might be Airdrie's 1st half at Palmerston in August. But they fell right out of the game after half time.

6 hours ago, par-adise said:

Anyone know if legends are showing the World Cup games before and after tomorrow? Assume they will be.

I would imagine so, last time I was in there they were showing the Hibs Hearts semi final which was last season but I would think they would have the games on

On 24/11/2022 at 18:47, Chubbychops said:

The management team seem to think he's better centrally than on the wing

He played centrally against Hibs in the R.Cup and looked good, he was on the end of some poor challenges which I think was out of frustration from the defending team. 

He didn't score but I'm pretty sure he drew the foul from which we scored from and it's worth bearing in mind Hibs player Darren McGregor in that game and on a tight park he can still put a good performance.

I think him in behind Todorov or McCann would be decent 

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

He played centrally against Hibs in the R.Cup and looked good, he was on the end of some poor challenges which I think was out of frustration from the defending team. 

He didn't score but I'm pretty sure he drew the foul from which we scored from and it's worth bearing in mind Hibs player Darren McGregor in that game and on a tight park he can still put a good performance.

I think him in behind Todorov or McCann would be decent 

Probably unfortunately for him he’s got mochrie to fight for that position.  It will either take us struggling and him coming on or a game where mcpake thinks playing both is worthwhile, only likely if we’re expecting a team to park the bus

26 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Probably unfortunately for him he’s got mochrie to fight for that position.  It will either take us struggling and him coming on or a game where mcpake thinks playing both is worthwhile, only likely if we’re expecting a team to park the bus

Playing on a narrow pitch like Kelty having the two of them in behind Todorov might be an option 

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Playing on a narrow pitch like Kelty having the two of them in behind Todorov might be an option 

It’s a possibility, as is going 4-2-2-2 but that would ask the full backs to stay deeper than they have done this season.    Good headaches for mcpake.

Very pleased we've got those awful Scottish Cup stats to f**k today, and very comprehensively.

Could, and should, have been more, and think we had at least one more gear to go up.

Thought Ritchie-Hosler looked decent today. Shame he had to go off, but looked more precautionary than anything.

Hoping for a good draw on Monday. Still loads of decent ties we could get.

30 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Another diddy team at home please. Drumchapel, Linlithgow or Falkirk.

I'd prefer a top away trip, but if not that then aye, a pish(er) team at home would be good. This is the round the Premiership clubs enter.

21st January is the date of the next game in the cup.

It's been a busy few months for the PST we have finally got the website it a bit of a better order and have launched a pars history cartoon - 

https://www.parssupporterstrust.co.uk/product/pars-cartoon

Members of the PST have a discounted link in the newsletter.

Also in the works is a play on the Pars and Dunfermline more generally in the mid 90s which should be fun and tickets for that are in the club shop or from the Alhambra directly.