Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, Ayrpar said:

That was dire, what an embarassment. We didnt even dominate a youth team, they had 54% possession according to BBC.  They looked the team more likely to score the final half hour and played some neat football, we on the other hand.............  

It’s a glorified friendly. BBC are always wrong with those figures too. Who honestly cares? We played with most of our young boys. We’ve bigger fish to fry. 

That was dire, what an embarassment. We didnt even dominate a youth team, they had 54% possession according to BBC.  They looked the team more likely to score the final half hour and played some neat football, we on the other hand.............  
won 2-1 bud.

9 hours ago, Ayrpar said:

you’re at it. We had three 16 year olds playing, against a very good youth team. Don’t know any of the Celtic players, but would assume they’re mostly in their late teens/early 20s? Correct me if I’m wrong. I honestly don’t know.

I wasn’t there, but wouldn’t imagine the first team players were bursting a gut, particularly once they went 2-0 up. Good experience for the kids, decent kickabout for the guys needing minutes and a waste of time for Fisher, Todd and Chalmers.

McPake seems happy and got what he wanted out the game. That’ll do, as far as I’m concerned.

You just need to look at some of the decent talent that comes out the old firm youth and whilst they might not make the grade there, come out and play at other Premiership teams and in the championship. Include loan players in that too.

Whilst it was a lot of their young players, let's face it we are a league 1 team. Let's be realistic here ffs. It was always going to be a tricky game.

2 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Do you think our senior players were giving 100%. I doubt it. 

Probably not. Testimonial/mid season friendly vibes, shown by how many bothered to turn up. 

Some exciting news: I recorded a great interview with a hero of Tannadice 96 last night. Look out for a new East End Tales episode early next week! 

If you have any memories or stories of that day to share, feel free to PM  or write them here and I'll see if I can get them on.

27 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Some exciting news: I recorded a great interview with a hero of Tannadice 96 last night. Look out for a new East End Tales episode early next week! 

If you have any memories or stories of that day to share, feel free to PM  or write them here and I'll see if I can get them on.

I had been pestering my dad to get tickets for ages and he kept saying that they were sold out, he couldn't get one, that he couldn't get away from work to get to the ticket office etc. Come the day of the game I was reading the Sun pullout (the Dundee Utd 8... Dunfermline 0 or whatever it said article) and my dad dropped a wee brown envelope on the paper in which was two tickets for the game. To say I was pleased is quite the understatement. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I see the Dunfermline Celtic supporters club were at the game yesterday, with the slogan "Faithful through and through" 😴

Must be right hard following a team like Celtic right enough.

Usual replies on Twitter. "Aye but my great, great Granda supported Celtic so I have to" or the classic "We all used to live in Glasgow"

They are just fucking glory hunters. Simple as. I have no idea how you can support a team out-with your own city. It just baffles me. 

18 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Usual replies on Twitter. "Aye but my great, great Granda supported Celtic so I have to" or the classic "We all used to live in Glasgow"

They are just fucking glory hunters. Simple as. I have no idea how you can support a team out-with your own city. It just baffles me. 

Yeah, I’ll never understand it. There’ll be Celtic fans that went last night, who won’t see a single first team game at Celtic Park this season (or ever). Even then, you have ‘fans’ that stay in Dunfermline , or anywhere else, that have never and will never attend a game. They just like saying they support Celtic. It’s a really odd mentality.

Theres something special about supporting your local team, getting to as many games as you can and experiencing the highs and lows. It’s a rollercoaster but it makes the successes, no matter how small they seem, so much more enjoyable. 

28 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

https://twitter.com/StewartRoss89/status/1592872797600362496?t=WpB1voCXodflKlUo9_FYYw&s=19

Some improvement in him over the years, best LB in the division IMO. 

If he could improve his crossing he'd be a great player.

27 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Two updates - Alan Main’s been removed from the management team on the official site.

Also, Arbroath game is Friday 9th Dec at 7:45pm.

Friday night? Ach, probably won't bother now.

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

https://twitter.com/StewartRoss89/status/1592872797600362496?t=WpB1voCXodflKlUo9_FYYw&s=19

Some improvement in him over the years, best LB in the division IMO. 

He’s really kicked on.  As much as I dislike hughes and his performance as a manager I think he can take some of the credit, he almost completely cut out the slack passing that put us under pressure. 

7 hours ago, Lex said:

IMG_0685.jpg
The 2020’s version of the infamous ‘Happy Birthday Celtic’ banner.

Are you insinuating that these are Dunfermline fans or that having loads of Celtic fans who don't follow their local team is somehow exclusive to Dunfermline and that it doesn't happen all across the country?