Walking Down The Halbeath Road

That was dire, what an embarassment. We didnt even dominate a youth team, they had 54% possession according to BBC.  They looked the team more likely to score the final half hour and played some neat football, we on the other hand.............  

3 minutes ago, Ayrpar said:

That was dire, what an embarassment. We didnt even dominate a youth team, they had 54% possession according to BBC.  They looked the team more likely to score the final half hour and played some neat football, we on the other hand.............  

It’s a glorified friendly. BBC are always wrong with those figures too. Who honestly cares? We played with most of our young boys. We’ve bigger fish to fry. 

won 2-1 bud.

9 hours ago, Ayrpar said:

you’re at it. We had three 16 year olds playing, against a very good youth team. Don’t know any of the Celtic players, but would assume they’re mostly in their late teens/early 20s? Correct me if I’m wrong. I honestly don’t know.

I wasn’t there, but wouldn’t imagine the first team players were bursting a gut, particularly once they went 2-0 up. Good experience for the kids, decent kickabout for the guys needing minutes and a waste of time for Fisher, Todd and Chalmers.

McPake seems happy and got what he wanted out the game. That’ll do, as far as I’m concerned.

You just need to look at some of the decent talent that comes out the old firm youth and whilst they might not make the grade there, come out and play at other Premiership teams and in the championship. Include loan players in that too.

Whilst it was a lot of their young players, let's face it we are a league 1 team. Let's be realistic here ffs. It was always going to be a tricky game.

2 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Do you think our senior players were giving 100%. I doubt it. 

Probably not. Testimonial/mid season friendly vibes, shown by how many bothered to turn up.