Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He’ll thrive off that abuse I think. He is a wee weird creep. Astonishing he is still so prominent in politics. He is genuinely fucking atrocious, but will keep getting voted in by default as his constituency is just full of Tory cûnts.

14 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Think DR will be the senior assistant referee so will be on the Main Stand side, but there needs to be something done about throwing stuff, whether that's more self-policing or something stronger that the club and Polis do I don't know.

Are you advocating less throwing or heavier objects?

21 hours ago, DAFC. said:

He’ll thrive off that abuse I think. He is a wee weird creep. Astonishing he is still so prominent in politics. He is genuinely fucking atrocious, but will keep getting voted in by default as his constituency is just full of Tory cûnts.

When he eventually gets his jotters his skills will be perfect for being a traffic warden.

On 28/10/2022 at 12:18, DAFC. said:

Couldn’t give him a red neck with a blowtorch.

He benefits from the arsehole farmer types and military from Lossiemouth.

It's some laugh how after many many decades (maybe even longer than that) the polis have stopped shutting off the road outside East End. Waiting for a squishing.

Edited by Stoo61

4 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

It's some laugh how after many many decades (maybe even longer than that) the polis have stopped shutting off the road outside East End. Waiting for a squishing.

Aye don't know why folk try and drive through it's just stupid.

24 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Bryne returning rumours are bound to start up again. 

Also would be interested to know Berra’s role at the club. 

Isn't Berra a coach at Raith? 

20 minutes ago, 101 said:

Aye don't know why folk try and drive through it's just stupid.

Isn't Berra a coach at Raith? 

I think he gave that up when he stopped playing for them. He’s been in our directors box at least the last 3 home games,  I first wondered if he was maybe scouting for someone else but he’s become a regular and IMO will likely be doing something for the club, even if it’s not a formal arrangement.   It might just be asking a favour from mcpake as he tries to expand his coaching knowledge/network post-retirement.

Edited by parsforlife

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I think he gave that up when he stopped playing for them. He’s been in our directors box at least the last 3 home games,  I first wondered if he was maybe scouting for someone else but he’s become a regular and IMO will likely be doing something for the club, even if it’s not a formal arrangement.   It might just be asking a favour from mcpake as he tries to expand his coaching knowledge/network post-retirement.

Ahh interesting, yep unless he is working for an agency that represents a few players it does seem like a more formal role.

6 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

An odd one. The road has been shut/restricted after games for as long as I've been going (early 90s), so bizarre the polis have stopped doing it, especially since it's only a 20 minute delay every 2 weeks for 8 months.

I mind seeing a car try to ram through the crowd in 1995 after a game against Dundee (think it was the one where Van de Kamp was taken off after being knocked out and Paul Smith had to go in goals as we didn't have a keeper on the bench of 3) and both home and away fans were pissed off. After a few folk were nearly run over someone punted the wing mirror on the pavement side clean off the car. This resulted in the driver jumping out to confront the punter, only to get a bit of a kicking from said kicker 

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

An odd one. The road has been shut/restricted after games for as long as I've been going (early 90s), so bizarre the polis have stopped doing it, especially since it's only a 20 minute delay every 2 weeks for 8 months.

I mind seeing a car try to ram through the crowd in 1995 after a game against Dundee (think it was the one where Van de Kamp was taken off after being knocked out and Paul Smith had to go in goals as we didn't have a keeper on the bench of 3) and both home and away fans were pissed off. After a few folk were nearly run over someone punted the wing mirror on the pavement side clean off the car. This resulted in the driver jumping out to confront the punter, only to get a bit of a kicking from said kicker 

Aye had someone jump out a car yesterday screaming about roads and car parks. Was funny cause he was all ready to go and realised there was around 3000 people to scrap so did a wee jog around the motor n jumped back in 😄  

Like you say. One police car at the wee round about one at the other end for 20 mins. All but guarantees no injuries in the future. 

10 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Aye had someone jump out a car yesterday screaming about roads and car parks. Was funny cause he was all ready to go and realised there was around 3000 people to scrap so did a wee jog around the motor n jumped back in 😄  

Like you say. One police car at the wee round about one at the other end for 20 mins. All but guarantees no injuries in the future. 

This happens for a couple of games every few years, then normal service resumes. Almost like some new senior cop thinks it's a great idea... til they get complaints from fans/ the club or something happens and the closure is reinstated.

Rinse and repeat.

You get some halwfwits trying to drive up Halbeath Rd between 4:45 and 5pm.  Surely most people from Dunfermline know not to bother with Halbeath Rd on a match day between 16:45 and say 17:10. If it's not the crowds coming out it's then the traffic caused by people getting in their cars on various side streets.