Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Shades of the George Graham 1-0 Arsenal side about this Pars team.

Our style means we pick up wins even when we have an off day. When you rely on wingers turning it on you tend to struggle to scrape wins when you don't play well. Saw that under Allan Johnston many a time when Higgy and Cardle didn't turn up.

Wighton though.
Played as a striker, though the middle, starts scoring. Why McPake used him out wide remains a source of puzzlement to me.

I like Wighton as a central striker too. But to play to his strengths he needs someone to play off him I think. He’s not the best at holding it up to allow us to get up the park but is good at laying it off / moving it on and then being in the right place for it coming back.
Skilful player.

Wighton though.
Played as a striker, though the middle, starts scoring. Why McPake used him out wide remains a source of puzzlement to me.
He'd have scored that yesterday if he'd been playing out wide.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Nice of you guys to commemorate armistice day with a nice, understated display of old German Empire flags…

9D274854-4B1E-49B9-B73A-692C72E15970.png.ebfa84f8bdbb03b987d3a998163944f2.png

Germanic, Germania mania. Hail the Saxon brethren committed to helping us win this league by giving us loads deuchmarks. 

Better than a Slater up yir hooter.

I hear you've lost your Gk coach, Alan Main. Will he be a big miss to you and Deniz? 
If this is true then would depend on who his replacement would be surely. Deniz been absolutely fine this season though, aye. Long may it continue. I saw absolutely no way back for him after the 0-3 game against Arbroath last August so fair fucks to him.

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Is this because of the Kelty strip being maroon on the front but white on the back? I was surprised we got away with that at Kelty. SRJ surely can't be too happy at their logo being so hidden either? 

No idea. An odd one. Will probably sell well though and be on eBay for about £100 in 5 or 6 years.

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Screenshot_20221110-190218_Facebook.thumb.jpg.b8cb6974ddda246beb00949969468965.jpg

Will be handy for Alloa.

Whilst sections of the Morton support have been crying out for a 'Parma hoops' top for years - that particular straight oot the catalogue effort never made it beyond our community teams.

HOOP.thumb.JPG.58791b4872c4c9d30bd09e268ab413fe.JPG