Walking Down The Halbeath Road

20 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Pubs changed hands over the years, but it was orange aftershock and red bull if you were after a few. :) 

Oh is that it! I remember discovering this in PJ Molloys once, when i met Andy Tod and he told me what it was. I was pretty drunk at the time though so i couldn't have told you what it was now.  Was prob about 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

Why was it that?

I've just realised I've answered something about why the pub changed hands when that wasn't even a question, what a tube I am. I genuinely have no idea why it was the orange aftershock/red bull. IIRC there was a few at the time named after current players, for example the Skittle Bomb was renamed the Whittle Bomb. 

23 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Douglas Ross the assistant ref on Saturday again, odds on him crying if put in front of the NW?

Nah, he'd be fine I reckon. He didn't react once on Saturday to some pretty sustained and loud abuse (one guy even spent about 10 minutes almost chasing him up and down the line to shout to him about the many failings of the Conservative party). Some suggested that he might even enjoy the abuse.

I'd be worried if he was put in front of the NW. Not for the abuse, but in case one of the wee fannies who like to chuck stuff were to chuck something at him. Could land the club in some bother.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd be worried if he was put in front of the NW. Not for the abuse, but in case one of the wee fannies who like to chuck stuff were to chuck something at him. Could land the club in some bother.

Aye that's a concern. 

All credit to the NW lads, they create a cracking atmosphere and EEP would be a far more dour affair without them, but that needs to stop, it seems to happen almost most weeks nowadays. 

It'll get to the stage where the club will get backed into a corner with regards to taking action against the section if it persists. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye that's a concern. 

All credit to the NW lads, they create a cracking atmosphere and EEP would be a far more dour affair without them, but that needs to stop, it seems to happen almost most weeks nowadays. 

It'll get to the stage where the club will get backed into a corner with regards to taking action against the section if it persists. 

It's only a few of them, mostly younger guys (younger than the rest I mean). Against Falkirk some of them were throwing Maoam bars!

But aye, it needs cut out. There was talk of the chairman setting up a meeting with folk in that section of the NW to discuss things (hopefully asking them to cut it the f**k out).

If it continues then the folk doing it need to be chucked out and given bans for at least a few games.

It seems to be an increasing problem in football. Seems to me to be another fad. Hopefully it dies out soon.

Also, get the pitch invasions binned too. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

It's only a few of them, mostly younger guys (younger than the rest I mean). Against Falkirk some of them were throwing Maoam bars!

But aye, it needs cut out. There was talk of the chairman setting up a meeting with folk in that section of the NW to discuss things (hopefully asking them to cut it the f**k out).

If it continues then the folk doing it need to be chucked out and given bans for at least a few games.

It seems to be an increasing problem in football. Seems to me to be another fad. Hopefully it dies out soon.

Also, get the pitch invasions binned too. 

Any significance to what they were throwing or was that just part of their play piece?

32 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Any significance to what they were throwing or was that just part of their play piece?

As far as I can tell it was just what they had on them!

At Kelty some fans chucked a plastic bottle on to the pitch along with some pie tins.