Walking Down The Halbeath Road

11 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

Seems to be a good fit between the Pars and Mochrie, If they get promoted to the championship I dont think it would be outwith the realms of possibility that they could sign him, not really been given a chance with us must be loving Mcpake. maybe even make you a few bob later on too.

He's a lovely player when he gets going. 

Still has bits to work on, especially off the ball but game time can only help that, undoubtedly has plenty talent. McPake seems to be a big fan of his which helps. 

23 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I took us until the 29th of January and 23 games to reach the same number of points we have so far.  Yes it’s a lower league but still a magnificent turn around.

It took us until 22 mins in the second game of the season (112 minutes overall) to concede 4 goals last season. We’ve conceded 4 goals after 10 league games (900 mins) this season. For comparison, 5th goal was conceded (or scored by Ross Graham) in the 78th minute of that game, so 168th minute overall.

After 10 games last season, we’d conceded 15 goals. Incredibly, we’d kept 3 clean sheets in those 10 games. We scored 6 in those 10 games. This year, we’ve scored 15 so far.

Lower level or not, it’s some turnaround. Particularly given the squad is mostly the same.

On 15/10/2022 at 19:01, 101 said:

Apparently a tribute couldn't be made without advanced notice to the SFA. Country in this football is an utter joke it lives off the back off volunteers yet to pay your respects you can't even have a word with the referee to hold an applause. 

That's nonsense. It's perfectly possible to arrange a Minute's Silence or applause on a minute's notice before a game with agreement of opponents and referee. And I've never know either to object. I've done exactly that in games at Palmerston regularly over the years.

On 16/10/2022 at 09:33, parsforlife said:

I took us until the 29th of January and 23 games to reach the same number of points we have so far.  Yes it’s a lower league but still a magnificent turn around.

I think, Dunfermline being a big name in this league, you've already won some games before they even start!

Speaking as an Edinburgh City fan I'll say we've shat the bed both times we've played you and gave you's far too much respect!

We're genuinely a good team but never shown it, and looks to me we've accepted the two defeats before the games have even started!  😠

When Dunfermline and Falkirk both go up it'll be a more even league one next season.

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's nonsense. It's perfectly possible to arrange a Minute's Silence or applause on a minute's notice before a game with agreement of opponents and referee. And I've never know either to object. I've done exactly that in games at Palmerston regularly over the years.

Thanks 

On 15/10/2022 at 18:58, Arab_R_us said:

Seems to be a good fit between the Pars and Mochrie, If they get promoted to the championship I dont think it would be outwith the realms of possibility that they could sign him, not really been given a chance with us must be loving Mcpake. maybe even make you a few bob later on too.

Me and my mate both said at the game on Saturday that if he works on some little things like his finishing then he'll be playing for Dundee Utd in the Prem, no questions.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

We’ve had longer unbeaten spells before but have we ever started a season going so long undefeated? 

99-00 season we were undefeated in the opening 11, losing game 12.  More draws in that run tho.

12 games unbeaten is the best we’ve achieved in 94/95. (Unless we did better in 54/55 which is broken on pars database) 

Everyone will be pleased to know we won promotion all the seasons above.

Edited by parsforlife

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

99-00 season we were undefeated in the opening 11, losing game 12.  More draws in that run tho.

12 games unbeaten is the best we’ve achieved in 94/95. (Unless we did better in 54/55 which is broken on pars database) 

Everyone will be pleased to know we won promotion all the seasons above.

I beg to differ. 94 95 we didn't get promoted. 

Really impressive to get through the first quarter unbeaten particularly with the shambles that took place last season. 

Maybe a few too many draws being critical but building on a solid defence has been nice to see, would hope we can keep momentum up in the second quarter and get a body or two in in January.