Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Good results for us today. Back to the top and a game in hand over FC Edinburgh, which is on Tuesday away to Clyde, who were beaten by Kelty today and have a grand total of 7 points (2 ahead of bottom club Peterhead).

We're 4 ahead of 3rd placed Falkirk but they also have a game in hand.

Edited by DA Baracus

We're an odd team. From what I've seen, in person and via highlights, we should have delivered a few absolute pumpings in some games. We seem to create loads of chances in many matches (Falkirk at home, FC Edinburgh away* for example) but are so wasteful.

In other games we look quite dull, like a blunt knife, and struggle to make opportunities (see Alloa at home, Kelty away).

We've been absolutely solid at the back mostly (although Falkirk should pumped us first half), still undefeated and with the least number of goals conceded across the entire SPFL. In Scotland we're the only undefeated team in tiers 1-5. Only Brechin have not conceded fewer goals (also 4). More needs to be made of this.

In fact, there are only 5 senior teams in the entire UK who are so far undefeated. Us, Manchester City, The New Saints, Ebbsfleet United and Havant and Waterlooville. More needs to be made of this.

Despite this we seem vulnerable in some games, or at least far from convincing. Strange.

*I know we won 0-3, but there were so many missed easy chances.

Edited by DA Baracus

4 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Looking like McPake has an eye for a player. Mochrie and Benedictus are unreal signings at this level but I thought the boy Fisher was good today. First time I've seen him. Impressed.

Hamilton too. He's been excellent every time I've seen him.

Agree about about Benedictus and Mochrie as well. Both have been great and are mentioned a lot in the first quarter review thread. Not seen Fisher yet in person but pleased to hear that he sounds good.

Hopefully Mahon and Ritchie-Hosler can be good additions.

27 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hamilton too. He's been excellent every time I've seen him.

Agree about about Benedictus and Mochrie as well. Both have been great and are mentioned a lot in the first quarter review thread. Not seen Fisher yet in person but pleased to hear that he sounds good.

Hopefully Mahon and Ritchie-Hosler can be good additions.

Seems to be a good fit between the Pars and Mochrie, If they get promoted to the championship I dont think it would be outwith the realms of possibility that they could sign him, not really been given a chance with us must be loving Mcpake. maybe even make you a few bob later on too.

8 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Yeah,  a minutes applause is more fitting for good club people like him than Royal parasites.

Apparently a tribute couldn't be made without advanced notice to the SFA. Country in this football is an utter joke it lives off the back off volunteers yet to pay your respects you can't even have a word with the referee to hold an applause. 

4 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

Seems to be a good fit between the Pars and Mochrie, If they get promoted to the championship I dont think it would be outwith the realms of possibility that they could sign him, not really been given a chance with us must be loving Mcpake. maybe even make you a few bob later on too.

Think he could easily play in Premiership with a bit more experience. His raw ability is unquestionable. Very good young player.

Edited by Chubbychops

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Apparently a tribute couldn't be made without advanced notice to the SFA. Country in this football is an utter joke it lives off the back off volunteers yet to pay your respects you can't even have a word with the referee to hold an applause. 

That's a nonsense from the SFA. There never seems to be an issue when some random former Celtic or Rangers personnel die.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

That's a nonsense from the SFA. There never seems to be an issue when some random former Celtic or Rangers personnel die.

Exactly, I'm raging the SFA need taken to task it's not like we are trying to move the match of do anything fundamental.

If it's the old firm they usually send the entire country into a state of mourning.

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

Is this for Dave Allan ? If so it’s a disgrace. Why the f**k do the SFA need to know ? Surely all it needs is for Edinburgh City to agree, which they would have.

Football in this country does my tits in at times. Lack of respect for the right people.

RIP Dave Allan.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is this for Dave Allan ? If so it’s a disgrace. Why the f**k do the SFA need to know ? Surely all it needs is for Edinburgh City to agree, which they would have.

Football in this country does my tits in at times. Lack of respect for the right people.

RIP Dave Allan.

Yeh apparently such things have an approval process, horrible like you say get the managers and referee together and agree, shambles.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

BBC were crediting it as an OG from Liam Fontaine but I see you've posted this:

Take it he's doing well?

It was an OG but it came from fisher’s cross.  Got a few minutes against Falkirk and at Palmerston but had largely had to wait his turn and sit on the bench.  Played the 90 minutes the last 2 weeks and hasn’t put a foot wrong.  So long as we keep playing a back 3 I think he’s going to keep starting.    To come into a defence that rarely concedes and improve it deserves credit. 

Edited by parsforlife

45 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Take it he's doing well?

Definitely an own goal. As said above, he played the cross for the goal. Got his first start last week and kept his place today. Looked good both games - kept clean sheets in both and he’s not really put a foot wrong. Looks comfortable on the ball and his defensive positioning/abilities have been fine so far. Playing on the right side of a back 3, with Benedictus in the middle, leading the line/barking instructions.

I’d argue he’s not really been tested yet, but both Alloa and Edinburgh have decent attacking records and he’s not given anything away, or ever looked like he’s found it tough in either game. Genuinely strolled through both games so far - hopefully he can keep that up! Enjoyed his goal/assist today too - ran straight  over to celebrate with the fans.

57 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Take it he's doing well?

OG certainly. Sam has worked his way into the first 11 last two weeks. Apparently did well at Alloa and was very good today. Works well as the right sided centre back in a back 3. 

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Ref would probably book you for asking and then award a goal kick.