Walking Down The Halbeath Road

11 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Not a fucking chance I'll attend that game. Hope the crowd is under four figures but I feel some saps will still hand over their tenner.

For a lot of people it’s not about sticking it to them, people just want to go and watch their team regardless of the opposition/competition, it hardly makes them a sap. It’s maybe the only thing they look forward to.

It will be a struggle to regain that top spot unless we can sort out the final third. 

Apart from the arse collapse on Saturday, we have looked fairly solid for large parts of the season but the attacking plan seems so disjointed. Think that's going to be our downfall.

Edited by Chubbychops

The defence has been solid AF for the most part, goals are definitely the issue. The strikers simply just seem to play so far apart. The midfield isn't getting enough bodies into the box either I feel. Oh for a Nicky Phinn or a David Moss.

Stupid draws against utter, utter dross in Kelty and Peterhead is costing us. Peterhead are possibly the worst team I’ve seen us play in a league match since the hilariously bad Brechin team back in 17-18, and we throw them a bone by giving them their best result of the season so far. Embarrassing.

We need to get the finger out. No better way than to start at Alloa where we always do fantastically well and put on a show for the travelling support…

40 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Stupid draws against utter, utter dross in Kelty and Peterhead is costing us. Peterhead are possibly the worst team I’ve seen us play in a league match since the hilariously bad Brechin team back in 17-18, and we throw them a bone by giving them their best result of the season so far. Embarrassing.

We need to get the finger out. No better way than to start at Alloa where we always do fantastically well and put on a show for the travelling support…

Alloa away. Only time I’ve seen us win there was Jackson Longridges tremendous strike 😍

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

For a lot of people it’s not about sticking it to them, people just want to go and watch their team regardless of the opposition/competition, it hardly makes them a sap. It’s maybe the only thing they look forward to.

That's probably the grimmest sentence I've read in years.

12 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That's probably the grimmest sentence I've read in years.

Is true though.  Especially in these really tough times, a football club can be the best distraction for folk who are lonely or are just having a shite time.  Therefore I’ll never criticise anyone attending a football match. Could be the one thing keeping them going. 

1 hour ago, parsboi said:

Is true though.  Especially in these really tough times, a football club can be the best distraction for folk who are lonely or are just having a shite time.  Therefore I’ll never criticise anyone attending a football match. Could be the one thing keeping them going. 

I don't doubt that it's true but still find it all a bit desolate.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Fair play to Matty Todd. He's been really doubted up until the tail end of last season, and this year he's doing just fine. 

Aye I have to eat humble pie with this one. Someone can probably find the comment where I said we would win nothing with him and Paul Allan as first team starters. Allan has been brilliant this season, bags of energy, consistent, chipping in with goals and a local lad to boot so he gets it. Long may that continue! 

Aye I have to eat humble pie with this one. Someone can probably find the comment where I said we would win nothing with him and Paul Allan as first team starters. Allan has been brilliant this season, bags of energy, consistent, chipping in with goals and a local lad to boot so he gets it. Long may that continue! 
He's never scored for us bud [emoji23][emoji23]

Know who else loves the DA? Greg Shields! 

The East End Tales podcast is back! Episode 3 is out now, where we talk to Greg about the Scottish Cup semi final replay in 2007.
We're on Spotify, Amazon Music amongst others and here is our direct Buzzsprout link: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/episodes/11478051

Here's the highlights of that game including THAT penalty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ftlSzAtPY

14 hours ago, 101 said:

This is really sad news, hope it's marked appropriately tomorrow.

Condolences to his family, what a wonderful contribution he has made to the football club.

Yeah,  a minutes applause is more fitting for good club people like him than Royal parasites.

Edited by Chubbychops