Walking Down The Halbeath Road

People have short memories. He barely got a game under Grant, Hughes couldn't identify a footballer if he was given the France 98 team yearbook and he's now been shoved out wide.

He showed he's a goal scorer under Craw. 
Spot on. Hardly kicked a ball for us, certainly not as a striker since his first half season when he joined. Can't judge him on that but effort is something he can still put in. Saying that, given what I've just said I can understand him being a bit low in confidence, flat and off the pace.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

People have short memories. He barely got a game under Grant, Hughes couldn't identify a footballer if he was given the France 98 team yearbook and he's now been shoved out wide.

He showed he's a goal scorer under Craw. 

I'm not sure what relevance six goals scored in empty stadiums over 18 months ago have when discussing Wighton's form right now?

He came from Hearts so there's no chance his wages came cheap and he's been a complete waste of time.

The wighton we had last season was an absolute shadow of the one we had pre-covid. I'd read an article with him either when he was still at Hearts, or just signed for Dunfermline, where he spoke about trying to become a real number 9. Definitely noticed that he had bulked up hugely when he came back, but he's still not very good at holding the ball up and it seems to have made him worse at the things he was good at. 

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

The wighton we had last season was an absolute shadow of the one we had pre-covid. I'd read an article with him either when he was still at Hearts, or just signed for Dunfermline, where he spoke about trying to become a real number 9. Definitely noticed that he had bulked up hugely when he came back, but he's still not very good at holding the ball up and it seems to have made him worse at the things he was good at. 

Stop scapegoating him!!! 😡

33 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Given how light the squad is, put the boys out if we have enough. Diddy Cup can get to

There's 4 under 18 games and a reserve cup game in November as well as the Challenge Cup game, so would imagine it would be a mix but more leaning towards the younger players.

Hope absolutely nobody attends. The B teams can get fucked.

Not a fucking chance I'll attend that game. Hope the crowd is under four figures but I feel some saps will still hand over their tenner.
Hardly a sap for going to watch yout team play [emoji23][emoji23]good one

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Hardly a sap for going to watch yout team play emoji23.pngemoji23.pnggood one

The bigger the crowd for 'B' team matches, the stronger the push for them to be allowed to enter the SPFL.

That should not be allowed to happen under any circumstances and is far more important to me than watching the Pars play an utterly meaningless diddy cup tie.

The bigger the crowd for 'B' team matches, the stronger the push for them to be allowed to enter the SPFL.
That should not be allowed to happen under any circumstances and is far more important to me than watching the Pars play an utterly meaningless diddy cup tie.
Fair point. I doubt the powers at be look at the attendances as a marker for their inclusion going by previous seasons, though.

6 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
16 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Fair point. I doubt the powers at be look at the attendances as a marker for their inclusion going by previous seasons, though.

I may be wrong but I feel that if the 'B' team crowds in LL/Challenge Cup had been bigger then greed would have convinced many sides in L1/L2 that it would be worth it for them.

They will keep pushing this and already have the authorities and media on board. The only action supporters can take is urging their own clubs to oppose it and refuse to recognise fixtures vs 'B' teams by attending them.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

8 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

I'll not actively boycott and will go if I've got heehaw on that night but have zero problem with anybody who does.

Aye, I reckon there's a 0.01% chance I'll go but if I had absolutely hee haw and just fancied something I might pop along. I hold the challenge Cup in utter contempt so I put the B teams in the same category as every other game tbh.*

*Outwith an away tie somewhere spicy.