Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

McPake was at a Motherwell game and people presumed he was looking at Erwin? I assume Mahon was playing then. At least it seems he's seen him live etc. 

Aye, he played the full 90. Had a smashing game actually.

He scored one and set up another (he's the #20).

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

If the budget was there to being in 'quality' at least  we will have saved that budget.....   

We were spouting the same pish,   we only have 15 outfield players now after letting Sali m go to Stranraer on loan,     absolutely crazy...

Still unbeaten and still top, but the warning flags are furiously waving.

Once again we failed to score in the first half.

If McPake is going to play players wide, then play wide players, not guys like Wighton. He just signed two of them. Talking of Wighton, if he's playing them play him as the striker, the guy up top, the guy through the middle.

Get Hamilton starting. I don't care who he drops, but Hamilton is better than Chalmers, Todd and  Mochrie so should be starting every game.

Drop McCann. Sorry, he isn't good enough. Time for everyone to admit it. We all really want him to be, me included, but his goal return is absolutely awful and winning a few headers doesn't cut it. He doesn't offer enough at the moment for me. Maybe a period on the bench will help, although I doubt it.

Not confident any of this will happen though.

Fair play to McPake for not writing today off as a freak result and seemed seething with the performance and admitted he and the team were very poor.

We may still be unbeaten but it's not unrealistic at all that we might have dropped to 5th by this time next week, with Airdrie and FC Edinburgh both playing midweek.

We need to wake up and improve very quickly.

I see that Wighton is the new scapegoat. Apparently he's 'lazy', 'doesn't care' and all the other moronic cliches. I don't agree with such nonsense.

When he's fit he's easily our best striker. Shame he's being played out wide and not as the main striker. Also unsure if he's actually fully fit after his injury.

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I see that Wighton is the new scapegoat. Apparently he's 'lazy', 'doesn't care' and all the other moronic cliches. I don't agree with such nonsense.

When he's fit he's easily our best striker. Shame he's being played out wide and not as the main striker. Also unsure if he's actually fully fit after his injury.

He was absolutely shite today and has scored exactly two league goals in the last 18 months.

If he's "easily" our best striker then we're absolutely fucked.

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

He was absolutely shite today and has scored exactly two league goals in the last 18 months.

If he's "easily" our best striker then we're absolutely fucked.

When did he last play as the main striker when fully fit?

If you're going to quote me don't be snidey about it and please include the full part. I clearly said "when he's fit he's easily our best striker".

Two goals in the last 18 months isn't that far behind McCann or Todorov either I think. Also, I don't doubt he was pish today.

Edited by DA Baracus

50 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

When did he last play as the main striker when fully fit?

If you're going to quote me don't be snidey about it and please include the full part. I clearly said "when he's fit he's easily our best striker".

Two goals in the last 18 months isn't that far behind McCann or Todorov either I think. Also, I don't doubt he was pish today.

"Don't be snidey" 😮💨😂

I forgot how easily upset you get over nothing.

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

"Don't be snidey" 😮💨😂

I forgot how easily upset you get over nothing.

Ah, that line of defence. Tired, poor and desperate stuff that hides a lack of response. Unless you misrepresented what I said by accident?

Anyway, do you actually want to discuss things? Wighton seems to be quite polarising just now but I stand by that if he is fully fit he's our best striker. When Crawford played him there I thought he was pretty good. Got a decent amount of goals

He's out of contract in the summer so think he'll be off then. Likewise O'Hara and Todorov. Chalmers too I think? Would be fine if they all left.

Think Comrie and Edwards might be out of contract then too, but would like to see them stay.

Edited by DA Baracus

He was lazy and gave the impression that he didn't care yesterday. An absolute empty jersey.

I like Wighton and think he's a good striker. He had a pretty good spell when he joined us in the January window but just didn't happen last season and he was eventually loaned to Arbroath, which at the time was wild. I hear he's not fully fit but he was really off the pace on Saturday. I think he'll come god again. He's a more natural finisher in front of goal than all our strikers, he just tends to be played wide. Toddy has got a few but how many does he miss? A lot. McCann is absolutely sh*te in front of goal and O'Hara is shot shy.

Stick Wighton through the middle with Toddy and see how it goes. If the games are still bypassing him then I will agree with the discontent about his efforts. Until then I will not completely write him off.

What pisses me off more than anything is McPake playing centre forwards wide. He now has two natural wide players, so no excuses for it anymore.

Edited by Chubbychops