Walking Down The Halbeath Road

By my count we have 23 but that does include 3 senior goalkeepers and also McKay, Hetherington, Ross and Wilson (lol). Plus Ryan Williamson who is injured almost constantly and Paul Watson who was ruled out for 9 months in April.

With so little available in the market this year injuries/ suspensions will play a big part in how the league turns out this season imo 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

The Championship is always going to be more attractive than League 1 for loans. Arbroath did very well with Nouble so seems like they now have a good relationship with Livingston; in effect they've shown themselves to be reliable and can be trusted.

11 hours ago, par-adise said:

McPake saying he is looking at another couple before the deadline tomorrow but it doesn't sound too promising.

Yep. I feel like “it will not be a disaster if we don’t” is kind of his way of preparing us for the inevitable. 

Unless we get very lucky with injuries and suspensions, two in won't be enough. Even if we do, two probably won't be enough anyway, as we need options to be able to try and change games as well as push players for places.

Two is the maximum we can get, unless we’re going for guys who have been without a club for (at least) a month. On that basis, I’d accept 2 younger players, that are more ready than the 16/17 year olds we currently have as cover. Even a young winger, to give us another option, would be good.

I do think clubs being allowed to make 5 subs and name a 9 man bench is making a difference. Players will be less desperate to leave and clubs will be more reluctant to let them leave, if they’re going to be needed to fill a 9 man bench. You’re only 2 players off having another full 11 on the bench, so bigger clubs will want to ensure they have plenty cover for every position. I think it seems wild that you can now change 50% of your outfield players during a match. Great for  bigger clubs, with large squads. Not so great for smaller clubs, with tighter budgets. Most clubs at this level seem to be in a similar position.

19 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

By my count we have 23 but that does include 3 senior goalkeepers and also McKay, Hetherington, Ross and Wilson (lol). Plus Ryan Williamson who is injured almost constantly and Paul Watson who was ruled out for 9 months in April.

With so little available in the market this year injuries/ suspensions will play a big part in how the league turns out this season imo 

We have 26 players in the first team squad, although that includes 3 teenage Apprentices (Lewis Gibson looks like he'll contribute from the bench at least regardless of only being 17), a teenage goalkeeper who is out on loan and the Manager himself who is still registered as a player. We've got too many players really though a bit a short of centre backs currently with two out injured.

There was a guy on dotnet (I know, I know) saying that two 19/20 year olds who had been playing in England were up on trial. Sounds like that might be the two. Even if they aren't better than what we have at the moment, we need players who can plug gaps when the injuries and suspensions kick in so they might be worth a punt, even on a short term basis til the end of January.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

There was a guy on dotnet (I know, I know) saying that two 19/20 year olds who had been playing in England were up on trial. Sounds like that might be the two. Even if they aren't better than what we have at the moment, we need players who can plug gaps when the injuries and suspensions kick in so they might be worth a punt, even on a short term basis til the end of January.

Dropped in to .net for the first time in a while yesterday to see if there were any rumours. Blows my mind the volume of bitchy/snarky comments you get there. Absolutely toxic.

Dropped in to .net for the first time in a while yesterday to see if there were any rumours. Blows my mind the volume of bitchy/snarky comments you get there. Absolutely toxic.
Guys coming for each other constantly [emoji23][emoji23]actual definition of get a fucking life

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Unless we get very lucky with injuries and suspensions, two in won't be enough. Even if we do, two probably won't be enough anyway, as we need options to be able to try and change games as well as push players for places.

I think 2 would be fine but have to use the wages Dorrans freed up to bring some class in in January.