Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Any games that people would like covered on our podcast? Or periods of time?

Could try and get Josh Falkingham, to talk about when everyone in the Peterhead team wanted to kill him? Always wondered if there was something he had done to instigate things/wind them up.

Anyone talking about the cup run in 2007 would be interesting too. Particularly given the poor league form, would be interesting hearing about it from a player’s perspective.

The 5-4 Stenny game was obviously a good one. There was a game in 2015-16 when we came from 2 down (I think?) to beat Ayr 3-2 at East End. I’d also say anyone from the Calderwood era/the 2003/04 season would be interesting. Sure there would be loads of memorable games to pick from in that era.

Obviously no idea how easy (or not) it will be, to find guests that were involved in games you want to discuss. Just thought I’d throw some suggestions out there.

1 minute ago, mac.i said:

What about some of the sixties European glory nights? Does limit your ability to talk about your own experiences of the games though.

1988 v Rangers? https://youtu.be/IhW0pLDWnvk

Anything 1994 backwards in time and I'll be struggling to add anything but more than happy to try some of the 60s games if I can link up with the right people.

Also, some of the previous suggestions might already be in motion. 

2 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Anyone know where the Reserve game v Dundee United on October 18th is likely to be played? Off work that week and looking at that game.

If it's at home EEP I believe with the main stand open

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Maybe the one McPake alluded to when he said there was one potential signing in particular that would have been seen as a fantastic bit of business.

This was only last week so would have been a loan deal. It was given as the reason he wasn't in the squad on Friday. Dunno if that matches up with what McPake was saying or not.

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This was only last week so would have been a loan deal. It was given as the reason he wasn't in the squad on Friday. Dunno if that matches up with what McPake was saying or not.

Ah, no this was just at the actual transfer deadline I think. Suggested that they had agreed a deal with a club for a player who then decided he wasn't wanting to leave and preferred to stay and fight for his place. Could of course be that it was the same player and we've then asked if he'd come on loan and potentially head back once he's had a few games but he still wants to stay and fight for his place.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Think it's time just to get "decent for that level" type players, because the squad is absolutely threadbare. Couple injuries and we are fucked. 

Yup, been saying this for a while. The 'project' loses meaning if we don't get promotion anyway surely?

20 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Those Scotland games can show just how many injuries you can get just by a bit of bad luck. If that happened to us we would be paying three or four 17 year olds. 

Suspensions too.