Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 hours ago, 101 said:

I'd blood the 5 young guys, Little and the young guy from Dundee and maybe give some game time to which ever striker hasn't featured much in the run up and get some time in Dorrans and Allan on their return from injury. But I wouldn't be playing Bene, Breen, Edwards, Hamilton or Chalmers.

I would agree. But, as I say, the young guys will be playing with the u18s the day before. Definitely play first team players that don’t start regularly though.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

I would agree. But, as I say, the young guys will be playing with the u18s the day before. Definitely play first team players that don’t start regularly though.

I've missed them playing U18 football. Surely if they are part of the first team squad it would make more sense to play them in the cup game than continue their development at the U18 level when he have an academy full of kids who could step up an age group for one game.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Any chance the u18 league may be off that weekend with it being an international week?

In answer to my own stupid question no,  we are home to Ayr on the Friday night.   Celtic looking to get the game moved probably more likely.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

How are the under 18s performing, anyone watching? Saw they lost out 5 4 to ICT before beating Dundee last time out?

They beat Ross County 6-1 and drew with Killie 1-1 so a decent start to the season I'd say.

31 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Genuine rumour I've heard is Alex Jakubiak, would be absolutely wild to get another striker in before a creative midfielder/defensive cover IMO 

If that's the case then any or all of Wighton, O'Hara & Todorov will be offski.

6 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Genuine rumour I've heard is Alex Jakubiak, would be absolutely wild to get another striker in before a creative midfielder/defensive cover IMO 

Thought he'd started the season well with Dundee tae. I'd take a striker tbh, I don't see Ohara or Wighton contributing much this season at all. I've no confidence either will score if I see them in the starting line up. 

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Shaun Byrne was spotted roaming listlessly around the halls of EEP this morning, stopping to stroke a framed picture of Sammy the Tammy.

I thought we all did this?  Doesn’t mean he’s signing obviously, just means he’s got a thing for that big sexy bear, You can’t expect a man to see that at work constantly for years and not pop in for a wee hello now and again afterwards?

Kelly is linked with signing on a permanent deal with Livi. Really don't think that will happen.

Jakubiak is out injured just now. Also was starting games for Dundee before the injury. He also plays in a position that we have lots of cover in.

Highly doubt either of these players will be coming to East End.

Again, where had this Jakubiak 'rumour' come from? Sounds like someone has completely made it up and now it's a 'rumour'.

I heard that we'll be signing all four of Zidane's sons. Is that now a 'rumour'?