Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Most of my predictions look a shambles but on the P&B 500 prediction thingy I tipped Pars to concede the fewest goals in Scotland this year. Going well so far. Incredible signing getting Benedictus. You can see the guys around/behind/beside him have grown so much in confidence. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Anyone able to provide updates from the meeting tonight? Couldn’t make it along, but will be interesting to hear what’s said

Quite hard to follow but there were some updates on .net.

Not sure the context but Finlay Robertson of Dundee is mentioned as a potential signing I think.

12 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Not sure the context but Finlay Robertson of Dundee is mentioned as a potential signing I think.

Had a look and can’t really follow it at all. Formatting is awful, but it’s better than nothing. Robertson would be a good signing - he was certainly very highly regarded a couple of years ago. Was on loan at Cove last season, but no idea how He got on.

Hopefully someone who was there can confirm the context of this?

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

I don't know whether it's the formatting, or the typing but it's absolutely awful. 

What is the context of Paul McMullan being mentioned? 

The signing of Finlay Robertson just strikes me as McPake signing someone because they might be available, rather than because there's an actual gap in the squad that needs filled. 

We are absolutely crying out for someone that can play wide with a bit of pace. 

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Another comment I picked up on , was that McPake prefers his full backs getting forward rather than wide players. I genuinely don't think we'll sign any wide players now. 

Edited by Chubbychops

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The signing of Finlay Robertson just strikes me as McPake signing someone because they might be available, rather than because there's an actual gap in the squad that needs filled. 

Is it not a youth player he’s referring to as opposed to a new signing?

Finlay Robertson is not signing. The reference to him was just a mention given to young players he’s given debuts to etc.

The thing about full backs - that was in reply to what his system is providing on the park. Mentioned how Josh Edwards is allowed to bomb up the wing whilst Comrie sits back to do more defensive work. 

There was a deal in place late last week for a player to come on loan but it didn’t go through then. The deal is apparently still there to be had though. This was when the reference to McMullan came in as McPake said this loan signing could “give McMullan a good race”.

McPake is confident the squad will be bulked up by the end of the window and said the board have backed every player he’s gone to them with, just some haven’t managed to get over the line.

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Just over a week until the window closes - either our squad is going to be well short or we'll be doing a fair whack of business.

Can still get domestic loans until the end of September, I think(?). So top flight clubs can complete squads by the end of the window, then we can take players on the fringes of their team once they’ve done that. Obviously still hoping for at least a couple of signings in the next week too.

Thought it was a good evening and that McPake and Cook spoke really well in particular.

Dorrans in final stage rehab at the moment for his ankle injury so should be back in contention very soon with Paul Allan likely to be out for another 2-4 weeks yet.

As mentioned above, looks like we had a deal all but done for another player last week but there was a last minute change of mind from said player on Friday. The deal is still "on the table" however and the club are hopeful the player will still sign but he sounds like a bit of a coup for a League One side was he to sign, judging by the manager's comments.

Worth noting our attendances this season have again been confirmed as being tickets sold as opposed to physical bums on seats as this is now the "standard practice" for reporting crowd figures.

Nothing really further significant of note came out, that we didn't already know, other than the fact that Cook confirmed we are not still paying-off any of the previous management teams. He said he couldn't comment on it originally and then when asked for a simple "yes" or "no" said "no". 😂

1 hour ago, parsdaft said:

As mentioned above, looks like we had a deal all but done for another player last week but there was a last minute change of mind from said player on Friday. The deal is still "on the table" however and the club are hopeful the player will still sign but he sounds like a bit of a coup for a League One side was he to sign, judging by the manager's comments.

Can't think who this might be but hopefully it still works out. I can't think why Alfredo Morelos wouldn't want to join on loan, bridies are great!