Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Checked out that East End Bounce as I'd only ever heard of DAFC.net and found this response to the news:

Fucking hell. Safe to say that's the haven for zoomers?

To be fair it's normally fairly reasoned compared to .net but this guy clearly feels very strongly about it.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Checked out that East End Bounce as I'd only ever heard of DAFC.net and found this response to the news:

Screenshot_20220817-163031_Chrome.jpg

This is a wind up. Same guy used to post on here and dotnet.  Just fishing for bites thankfully! :)

4 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

This is a wind up. Same guy used to post on here and dotnet.  Just fishing for bites thankfully! :)

Not far off how some wallopers have reacted to the news though tbf.

Same boring old sods that would prefer to sit in silence at the game and mumble endlessly to their equally tedious pals.

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Presumably Jimmy has an account there.

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Not far off how some wallopers have reacted to the news though tbf.

Same boring old sods that would prefer to sit in silence at the game and mumble endlessly to their equally tedious pals.

I heard someone moan to their pal about the lack of programmes and said they would consider not coming back if the programmes stopped. Madness.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Never even heard of that tbh.

It was set up by folk who were pissed off at Brian from dotnet being close to the Masterton regime and banning posters IIRC. I started off using it occasionally but it hardly got any traffic and was full off some of the folk from the old website who thought they were funny but were just try-hards.

41 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Would we change our team colours from black n white to yellow n red for a McDonalds sponsorship? Not for me. 

We could do what Besiktas did and sell McDonald's food in the stadium in black and white packaging (yellow and red being the colours of rivals Galatasaray). Fun fact trivia fans, it was the only place in the world McDonald's fries came in anything other than red and yellow packaging. 

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm never sure if he's serious or trying to be ultra sarcastic. His shtick gets quite tiresome quite quickly which is part of the reason the site doesn't get much traffic IMO.

17 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

We could do what Besiktas did and sell McDonald's food in the stadium in black and white packaging (yellow and red being the colours of rivals Galatasaray). Fun fact trivia fans, it was the only place in the world McDonald's fries came in anything other than red and yellow packaging. 

Now you're getting rid of bridies?! Thats it. I'm done with the club. You filthy Tory! 

35 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm never sure if he's serious or trying to be ultra sarcastic. His shtick gets quite tiresome quite quickly which is part of the reason the site doesn't get much traffic IMO.

Does most of his fishing on Twitter these days, fairly successful and has fans of Scottish clubs on strings 7 nights a week, mainly those of the OF. Some of his stuff is so obvious I can never understand how people fall for it. 

Jimmy's patter was wearing thin years ago so it's quite distressing to learn he's still at it.

He still reels them in by the thousands on Twitter. I got bored of it a while ago but the attention he gets, despite clearly being at it, is hilarious.

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

It was set up by folk who were pissed off at Brian from dotnet being close to the Masterton regime and banning posters IIRC. I started off using it occasionally but it hardly got any traffic and was full off some of the folk from the old website who thought they were funny but were just try-hards.

Worse is that a couple of the mods started acting like .net mods, one of the things they were complaining about and one of the reasons they began the site. That lost them a few posters early on.

6 hours ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Who actually cares what the stadium is called? I still refer to Hamilton’s ground as New Douglas Park and Livi’s ground as Almondvale also just found out that Dens Park isny even called that anymore

Same folk that whimpered insanely when BBC stopped doing the classified results.

Even minor change is not to be trusted.

11 hours ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Who actually cares what the stadium is called? I still refer to Hamilton’s ground as New Douglas Park and Livi’s ground as Almondvale also just found out that Dens Park isny even called that anymore

Me too. Mastermind with the topic football stadium names is off the table though 😂