Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Fisher's progress was hampered significantly by injury. Was out for about a year and then his last loan spell at Forfar was disrupted by injury.

He'd probably be in our first team if he had that extra development time. Certainly has all the tools to make it as a decent CH. Very vocal CH as well. Big season for someone who McPake rated highly.

Hope he does well.

Edited by Ludo*1

Fisher has been on loan at us at various points over the last 2 seasons, there's definitely some positives in there, he's quite big and he's no slouch. He's generally quite strong in the tackle and had a few excellent last ditch blocks for us. Unfortunately a lot of that came from him being caught out of position and/or switching off completely. For me, he needs somebody beside him organising him. Interesting to see how he does, and he does definitely have the potential, but from his time with us I wasn't too fussed about him coming back. He'll probably be excellent now I've said that.

Sounds like a good signing. Was an area everyone knew needed strengthened. Should mean that we won't need to lose Hamilton from the midfield if one of the centre backs get injured, although two of them being injured or one suspended and one injured would bring that scenario in to play. Hopefully that doesn't happen! 

4 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Did anyone make it along to the open training session? Anything worth mentioning?

My old man was there not the best thing for adults so him and his pal just blethered. Good for the kids to interact with the players though, I had thought it was bizzare to have it on a Tuesday morning, without realising the schools were off.

12 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Sold the naming rights to East End. Now KDM Group East End Park. Controversial, but probably inevitable. We clearly need to maximise revenue, given the decrease in prize money/ticket revenue in league 1.

Not that we'll know the finer details but anyone know roughly how much selling the naming rights to EEP will actually generate?

Edited by The Toun Clock

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Sold the naming rights to East End. Now KDM Group East End Park. Controversial, but probably inevitable. We clearly need to maximise revenue, given the decrease in prize money/ticket revenue in league 1.

Have zero problem with this. It won't make a bit of difference as we'll all still call it East End Park or EEP anyway.

Hope they got a nice bag of cash for it. I'd have went for a simple "KDM Park" myself tbh.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Hmmm. I'll still call it East End.

Given the financial shitshow coming it's probably a good move, but still doesn't sit easy.

Suppose it doesn't particularly matter since everyone will still call it East End Park.

Not that we'll know the finer details but anyone know roughly how much selling the naming rights to EEP will actually generate. Not sure how I feel about this but a lot of clubs doing it these days.
Yeah I get it but still doesn't sit right. Would like to know some idea of the figure, even number of digits to soften the blow and understand if it was worthwhile. I guess it's have been and appreciate it still being East End at least rather than the Tony Macaroni or even worse, Frankie and Bennie stadium.

I really don't see how this can be viewed as anything other than positive?

We get a bit of bonus cash, KDM get their name everywhere  (The gaffers are Pars fans through & through I believe),  the current name is retained & none of us will call the ground anything other than EEP.

The only people who will use this name are the Sportsound reporters if/when we return to the Championship. The only place I hear some of these ridiculous new stadium names is on the radio or on Sportscene. 

Edited by da_no_1

Fantastic. Still has East End Park in the name, and hopefully they’ve given us a nice sizeable sum for the privilege. Why anyone would turn their nose up at this because it makes us “tinpot” or whatever is baffling. Richest clubs in the world do this kind of stuff, and we’re hardly in a position to sneer at them for it.

Now put that money to good use.