Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Efe Ambrose is apparently playing in a friendly for us tonight.

Please tell me he wasn't as bad as I think he was for you guys...

Ooft. Good luck. Complete and utter bombscare. It's a miracle the man has made any sort of career never mind getting about 50 Nigerian caps!

If Crawford is out the window getting Kelly in from Rangers might be an okay replacement and as far as I can tell hasn't been sent out on loan yet.

Hopefully the CM is taken care of sooner rather than later to focus on getting a CB and winger in.

Edited by 101

When will Kelty release tickets for the game there? We're only 10 days away and you'd imagine there will be an even bigger scramble for tickets than Edinburgh? Think the capacity is only 2200 or there abouts. 

I emailed them a couple days ago, but not had a response. Can’t imagine we’ll bring much more than 1200 but then again the early results and cheaper price than FC Edinburgh, as well as the close proximity, may encourage more.

I see the new Under-18s team kicked off their season by skelping Ross County 6-1 in Dingwall. The Pars to conquer Europe by the 2060s as a 100 anniversary tribute to those halcyon days then. 

17 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Cheers chaps.

He's been using our facilities to stay fit over the summer so maybe we're just letting him play to get match fit and get a deal somewhere else? Probably wishful thinking.

For your part hope it’s wishful thinking.  On top of the other debacles listed in this thread, was the goal conceded v Inverness away, where I actually thought he ran backwards, he was that slow.  He was substituted straight after.  

He may also be the real reason Coll Donaldson looked half decent for us, by himself being THAT bad.

4 hours ago, 101 said:

If Crawford is out the window getting Kelly in from Rangers might be an okay replacement and as far as I can tell hasn't been sent out on loan yet.

Hopefully the CM is taken care of sooner rather than later to focus on getting a CB and winger in.

Kelly is a far better player to Crawford AFAIK, that'd be a wild signing but he'll have no shortage of suitors in the championship. 

13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Yeah seems odd there has been no mention at all about the Kelty tickets.

Just checked Fanbase and doesn’t even mention game against Dunfermline, next home game apparently is Falkirk on 3rd September, remember someone saying recently he thought we were at East end first according to fixture list but defo at Kelty , usually season tickets holders get first dibs on as many as they want then public sale 

6 hours ago, 101 said:

Is Kelly not of a similar mould as most of our other options already? Think ideally we'd want someone who offered something different but beggars can't be choosers and he'd be a very good signing at this level.

4 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Just checked Fanbase and doesn’t even mention game against Dunfermline, next home game apparently is Falkirk on 3rd September, remember someone saying recently he thought we were at East end first according to fixture list but defo at Kelty , usually season tickets holders get first dibs on as many as they want then public sale 

Last week on fan base it has us at home which 100% isn't the case. Both you and Edinburgh City don't appear to be able to organise a piss up in a brewery.

I reckon Kelty saw what happened with the FC Edinburgh tickets and are trying to sort something out with Fanbase and our club so that season ticket holders do get the option of them first.

Not sure how that would work given how Fanbase works mind. Perhaps a special access link, and then our club would send that to season ticket holders? Although that could be shared I suppose. 

Perhaps they're still trying to work something out, which is why tickets haven't yet been made available? 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Monday before any information on tickets according to twitter feed , think it’s a muck up by Fanbase to be fair 

Anyone can register on Fanbase and buy tickets on Fanbase, so sounds like they're trying to figure out a way to restrict this.

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Monday before any information on tickets according to twitter feed , think it’s a muck up by Fanbase to be fair 

Tbf why use a system that FC Edinburgh have proven is not fit for purpose, it seems pretty fundamental to have a specific presale. Which is seems Fanbase doesn't allow.

Fanbase is fine if you don't have away supports over a certain size, but when there's a lot of demand, it isn't the most effective in terms of away clubs being able to provide priority access to tickets.

I suppose though that away ticket priority access isn't really a concern to the home team. Away tickets will still be sold regardless.

7 hours ago, 101 said:

Tbf why use a system that FC Edinburgh have proven is not fit for purpose, it seems pretty fundamental to have a specific presale. Which is seems Fanbase doesn't allow.

Does our system allow away teams to give priority access to their ST holders? In the same way our fans are criticising Kelty/Edinburgh/fanbase here, wouldn’t our only way to sort it be to give an exclusive link/access code, that could easily be shared with non-ST holders?

We certainly didn’t arrange anything for any teams last season, despite teams like Raith selling out the NE. We gave Killie less seats than they had ST holders when they were in the NE. So why are we assuming we would put such a thing in place? Right now, this all seems quite hypocritical.

20 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Does our system allow away teams to give priority access to their ST holders? In the same way our fans are criticising Kelty/Edinburgh/fanbase here, wouldn’t our only way to sort it be to give an exclusive link/access code, that could easily be shared with non-ST holders?

We certainly didn’t arrange anything for any teams last season, despite teams like Raith selling out the NE. We gave Killie less seats than they had ST holders when they were in the NE. So why are we assuming we would put such a thing in place? Right now, this all seems quite hypocritical.

We would probably just print all the tickets and give them to the away team to sell if the away team wanted that. Seems logical.