Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Hopefully Crawford next. We certainly need a centre back. Still lacking a natural winger. 

Left back cover seems a bit sparse. I know MacDonald was billed as being able to cover there but he looked like a fish out of water the couple of times I watched him there.    Way too right footed and kept wanting to go infield on his right. He would get rinsed by a decent winger imo. Still think we should've kept Lewis Martin.

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Not a signing pen GIF I'm afraid but I am delighted to announce that the first episode of the East End Tales podcast is now live!

We're going to take a look back at some of the happier times around East End Park and we begin with the Scottish Cup 3rd round replay comeback against St Johnstone in 2001 with special guest Scott Nipper Thomson. Link below, but you can find us on Spotify, Deezer, Apple i-Tunes(soon) and other podcast platforms. 

https://eastendtales.buzzsprout.com/

image.png.7a773190176c1e3c236889820ca86e08.png

Podcast 1.jpg

Enjoyable, looking forward to the next.

#NipperForScotland

On 05/08/2022 at 13:19, Stellaboz said:

Not a signing pen GIF I'm afraid but I am delighted to announce that the first episode of the East End Tales podcast is now live!

We're going to take a look back at some of the happier times around East End Park and we begin with the Scottish Cup 3rd round replay comeback against St Johnstone in 2001 with special guest Scott Nipper Thomson. Link below, but you can find us on Spotify, Deezer, Apple i-Tunes(soon) and other podcast platforms. 

Podcast 1.jpg

Listened to this earlier. Really good work, looking forward to hearing more. Well done!

The fixture list has probably been a blessing for us when you see Falkirk’s start. Don’t think we could have beaten a team any better than Alloa that day but we had just enough to win. Getting Mochrie in to face Edinburgh probably added an extra dimension now we face Montrose with a couple more player options and the confidence of two wins.

4-3-3 seems our default currently and I’m not sure that’s going to change, i think mochrie will probably get one of the wide starting spots and whilst I think all 3 of the central midfielders had good games yesterday Hamilton is too good to leave out, especially when you’d expect Montrose to offer far more in attack than Edinburgh did.

Just watched the highlights there. Some amount of chances we missed yesterday. McDonald's sitter was shocking. Todorov again guilty and O'Hara.

Wighton looked good from some of the clips and should start with McCann next week. Mochrie coming in for O'Hara. If we bring in Robbie Crawford next week and Hamilton will definately come back into the starting 11, you could be looking at two of yesterday's midfielders getting dropped after a 3-0 win.

Centre back cover and a winger and think we will be done with recruitment. I'm still wondering who covers Edwards if he's injured or suspended?

Didn’t think Wighton was any better than O’Hara yesterday at all. Ran himself into trouble lots of times when taking players on and barring the awareness to get the penalty (which was excellent tbf) I thought O’Hara was generally more effective in causing problems in their defence.

Neither are wingers though, and neither get in ahead of McCann up front. McCann’s finishing isn’t brilliant but his work rate and physicality is more than either of them add to the team.

This is me being exceptionally harsh btw. To a man we were a class above Edinburgh and everyone got pass marks from me. Just moving forward, I’d take McCann, Mochrie and another natural winger over either of them any day

Podcast 1.jpg

Is it available on Google podcasts? Like a good podcast for the train to work...

Podcast 1.jpg

Not listened yet. Will give it a go this week seeing as it’s you. Like the logo anyway.