Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, SRB said:

I agree this season recruitment has been a cluster f**k so far. Leaving it to late in window is wrong IMO. And I don’t agree market has been slow. Whoever is dealing with signings hasn’t learnt there lesson from previous two windows 

How do you know any of this? Can you detail please which players the club has spoken to and when? How do you know the club haven't spoken to a load of players who then decided to sign elsewhere?

Don't get your comment about the last two windows either. In both of those windows plenty of signings were made early. 

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Todorov must have won a competition to become a footballer, and has subsequently hypnotised prospective managers over the years to keep getting gigs. Offloading him would be very ideal for the coffers. Still think O'Hara has more to offer, but he's going to need to pick up the pace as he has been anonymous for quite some time. 

No one is going to buy Todorov, so he's going to remain here. I think he should be fine in this league (although his miss last weekend was comical).

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Hope so. 

You seen much of Mochrie? Is he a winger?

I'm a season ticket holder so yeah seen a bit of him. He's a CAM but can also play CM, LM and RM. not an out and out winger thou.  2 footed, seemed to be highly thought of with Montrose when he was 17,  2 seasons ago.

If we can get Mochrie and Crawford in that would be decent. Still like an out and out winger and we need centre half cover rather than having to rely on Hamilton being our go-to option (although MacDonald can play there I guess) but I'd imagine they'll be loanees too and we'll see what is on offer once the Premiership sides finalise their squads.

14 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I'd rather see Fenton come in at centre back and keep Hamilton in the middle. Hamilton isn't the biggest, neither is MacDonald 

Hamilton slotted in there against Killie pre season and was very comfortable. Fenton hasn't even played 90 minutes at senior level for us in his own position never mind centre half. If we sign Crawford then Hamilton is reasonable cover at CH as when dorrans is fit he can play the holding role. Definitely need another natural centre half in though.

Edited by VinnyPar

I’d rather be in this position of needing a player or two and having won the first game than having a moron with an open chequebook in charge. 
McPake could try and put Todorov or O’Hara on loan but who would want them? 
To be able to afford last season’s squad required the Germans sinking in the cash that was meant to go in this season and next.

United and Mochrie might want too much money? In which case let them find another club or come back when they are in the real world. 

I’d (as would most Ayr fans) take Todorov or O’Hara. I think you’d find a few teams would be interested depending on how much money you’d have to pay of their wages. No way Todorov will be anywhere near Somerset after the whole fiasco last season.

Courier have confirmed Crawford has trained all week, done very well and McPake wants to sign him. Hopefully get that done tomorrow and he was just doing some due diligence. Also if yer man from Dundee Utd is to be believed sounds like Mochrie isn’t a million miles away, nice to have both in the squad come Saturday afternoon.

13 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Courier have confirmed Crawford has trained all week, done very well and McPake wants to sign him. Hopefully get that done tomorrow and he was just doing some due diligence. Also if yer man from Dundee Utd is to be believed sounds like Mochrie isn’t a million miles away, nice to have both in the squad come Saturday afternoon.

McPake would never have said that much on the matter if he wasn't close to signing. He's normally very cagey regarding potential targets.

Double signing tomorrow hopefully with Chris Mochrie.

Aye you’d imagine those two are pretty much done deals the way it’s been talked up. From what I’ve seen of Mochrie I’ve enjoyed, and Crawford should be one of the league’s best players tbh, so those two should be fantastic additions. Still think we need another few bodies for different tactics and cover. The bench is just 16/17 year olds and Todorov. Extremely dodgy.

9 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Posted in the match thread, but worth discussing here too. FC Edinburgh appear to have asked fans to arrive between 1pm and 2pm to ensure entry to the ground prior to kickoff this Saturday. Absolute nonsense.

Why? Is it the girl on the reception desk in the Sports Centre that is doubling up as a ticket steward? 

19 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Todorov must have won a competition to become a footballer, and has subsequently hypnotised prospective managers over the years to keep getting gigs. Offloading him would be very ideal for the coffers. Still think O'Hara has more to offer, but he's going to need to pick up the pace as he has been anonymous for quite some time. 

He had a 7 week purple patch in March/April 2021 which made your manager/chairman sign him.  He was largely shite for us.  

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

"One adult and two children for the swimming, and one adult for the Dunfermline game please."

"There you go. Do you need a pound coin for the locker?"

Slush puppy and a caramel shortcake after. 

Todorov occasionally does something that makes me think he could go on to be very useful but I really don't think he will unfortunately. Originally I was fairly happy with our four strikers but if able to I'd look at getting one of them out on loan and bringing in someone new up top. McCann is the main striker for me, doesn't always get the goal but he's still young and his work rate is brilliant. Wighton is technically the best striker, a very good footballer. O'Hara huffs and puffs but he doesn't score anywhere near as much as he does, he's really good in the box but he avoids it, very shot shy. Todorov for me is the one I'd be looking to move on but I don't know who would be looking to take.