Walking Down The Halbeath Road

18 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Players families on P&B has in the past had some glorious ramifications, here's hoping this one ends in a belting headstone moment.

Lewis Spence’s (who went from Pars to Dundee) dad went on a Pars site and would call out fans who criticised his wee boy. Spence also came back from a team holiday sporting a black eye after a disagreement with Ben Richards Everton (a good couple of feet bigger than Spence in every direction) so it’s easy to see where his temperament came from. 

30 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Lewis Spence’s (who went from Pars to Dundee) dad went on a Pars site and would call out fans who criticised his wee boy. Spence also came back from a team holiday sporting a black eye after a disagreement with Ben Richards Everton (a good couple of feet bigger than Spence in every direction) so it’s easy to see where his temperament came from. 

Conclusive proof that the old adage "crazy beats big" isn't always the case!

Genuinely thought something would've happened by this stage of the week due to names being mentioned in the Courier at the end of last week. 

Truely the most fuckin boring summer transfer window since the embargo 9 years ago.

Edited by Chubbychops

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Genuinely thought something would've happened by this stage of the week due to names being mentioned in the Courier at the end of last week. 

Truely the most fuckin boring summer transfer window since the embargo 9 years ago.

Despite the embargo, we had 5 new players by the end of July that summer! 1 permanent (James Washburn, whoever he is?) and 4 loans - Ryan Scully, Ryan Ferguson, Jordan Moore and Luke Johnston. So we’re somehow 2 players behind where we were when we had a transfer embargo! That being said, Benedictus and Hamilton make me more enthusiastic about our chances than any of those players did.

It’s worrying that we seem to be struggling to complete these deals. Crawford’s a free agent and Mochrie isn’t part of United’s plans this season, they know they want to loan him out. These deals should be relatively straightforward to complete. Guys that should be desperate to get a club where they’ll get regular game time.

Also worth noting that you can play trialists in League One. A bit surprised we didn’t even put Crawford (or any other trialists?) on the bench at the weekend.

32 minutes ago, smpar said:

Has any other SPFL club had a quieter summer than ourselves?

I'd imagine Peterhead would be the obvious candidates in our league and Elgin & Albion seem to have been fairly quiet.

Above us obviously Morton have told Imrie that 3/4 of a squad is all he is getting.

14 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Despite the embargo, we had 5 new players by the end of July that summer! 1 permanent (James Washburn, whoever he is?) and 4 loans - Ryan Scully, Ryan Ferguson, Jordan Moore and Luke Johnston. So we’re somehow 2 players behind where we were when we had a transfer embargo! That being said, Benedictus and Hamilton make me more enthusiastic about our chances than any of those players did.

It’s worrying that we seem to be struggling to complete these deals. Crawford’s a free agent and Mochrie isn’t part of United’s plans this season, they know they want to loan him out. These deals should be relatively straightforward to complete. Guys that should be desperate to get a club where they’ll get regular game time.

Also worth noting that you can play trialists in League One. A bit surprised we didn’t even put Crawford (or any other trialists?) on the bench at the weekend.

Got Robert Thomson in as well iirc.

I half thought that about Crawford being a trialist but could you imagine he played, picks up and injury and is left humped.

5 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Got a strong feeling that by the end of today we will be no further forward with recruitment.

giphy.gif

I agree this season recruitment has been a cluster f**k so far. Leaving it to late in window is wrong IMO. And I don’t agree market has been slow. Whoever is dealing with signings hasn’t learnt there lesson from previous two windows 

Just now, SRB said:

I agree this season recruitment has been a cluster f**k so far. Leaving it to late in window is wrong IMO. And I don’t agree market has been slow. Whoever is dealing with signings hasn’t learnt there lesson from previous two windows 

Dunfermline should be able to blow most clubs out the water wit wages and signings especially loanees,   is your financial situation holding you back is Grant and Yogi still on the monthly payroll, if so it makes sense...

This is a mind numbing league when it gets going, but is hard to get out of, ask Falkirk,   we seem to have the title deeds of League 1 as well..

15 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I believe the deal has been done. Pars will confirm in the next 24 Hrs or so

Edited by Arab_R_us

I’d rather be in this position of needing a player or two and having won the first game than having a moron with an open chequebook in charge. 

McPake could try and put Todorov or O’Hara on loan but who would want them? 

To be able to afford last season’s squad required the Germans sinking in the cash that was meant to go in this season and next.

United and Mochrie might want too much money? In which case let them find another club or come back when they are in the real world. 

23 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Dunfermline should be able to blow most clubs out the water wit wages and signings especially loanees,   is your financial situation holding you back is Grant and Yogi still on the monthly payroll, if so it makes sense...

This is a mind numbing league when it gets going, but is hard to get out of, ask Falkirk,   we seem to have the title deeds of League 1 as well..

Grant may still be in the books but believe Hughes resigned so shouldn’t be. David cook said before pre season started will have one off highest budgets for squad this season.

no idea but since Crawford left seems to be a struggle recruiting players. Agreed league we are in dosent help but that lies with the board for the appointment of Grant and Hughes

13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Think most fans seem happy with the signings of Bene and Hamilton and I'd far rather we had quality over quantity.

We needed at least 1 or 2 even if McPake was going to use the young guys but last weekend suggested he doesn't trust them yet.

This. Our squad was put together quickly by Grant and well look how that landed up. We have to make sure we get the right players in and if Cook/McPake are confident they can do that then I'm ok with it. 

Apparently at the recent supporters meeting the subject was brought up and Cook essentially said we are not panic buying shite like we did last season.

If we can add a centre half, a wide midfielder, and a central midfielder of similar quality to Bene/Hamilton, that would be good business from McPake. Last season Grant was given pretty much a blank checkbook to throw about at utter, utter shite. We are paying the price for that now, big time. 

Todorov must have won a competition to become a footballer, and has subsequently hypnotised prospective managers over the years to keep getting gigs. Offloading him would be very ideal for the coffers. Still think O'Hara has more to offer, but he's going to need to pick up the pace as he has been anonymous for quite some time. 

Edited by DAFC.