Walking Down The Halbeath Road

As much as i dont rate Chalmers, Polworth's inability to complete a single pass made him stand out to me as my least favourite at the tale end of last season. So i can at least put one person below Chalmers..Pybus better than both, but he wasnt as good as ...... McCabe?

Pybus was incredibly average. Didn't really add anything. Nothing terrible, but nothing good. Just..there.

He's no miss (except when certain other midfielders have to play...).

Definitely expected more than 3 signings before the league campaign started. Hope McPake’s patience pays off, but I’m concerned that we have no wingers and no cover/competition at all at CB. Benedictus will get suspended at some point and Breen really struggled to stay injury free last season.

I don’t doubt we’re actively talking to players/agents/clubs, but any players joining now have missed pre-season. Missing pre-season is often used as the excuse for players struggling - like Breen and Dorrans last season and they were signed earlier than anybody that we sign now.

Noticed Dundee Utd have let Declan Glass and another lad go to Derry and Kelty respectively. Hopefully they’re now in a position to start sending the young players out on loan and we might see the boy Mochrie come to us.

Apparently Crawford has been training with us and McPake wants to sign. Can’t understand why we’ve not got this done, I can’t imagine wages are an issue. Our midfield without Hamilton and Dorrans very weak.

Edited by The Toun Clock

Squad will be very thin today. Noticed that in the tighter games (v Ross County and Alloa), McPake hasn’t brought on the young guys and only brought on MacDonald in an emergency situation (Benedictus injured). With Hamilton out, the only ‘senior’ subs we’ll have is Todorov and MacDonald. Not a great way to start the league campaign.

Expect Alloa to start with Scougall further forward, as he was in the second half last week. But they have subs that can change the game. We really don’t right now.

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Squad will be very thin today. Noticed that in the tighter games (v Ross County and Alloa), McPake hasn’t brought on the young guys and only brought on MacDonald in an emergency situation (Benedictus injured). With Hamilton out, the only ‘senior’ subs we’ll have is Todorov and MacDonald. Not a great way to start the league campaign.

Expect Alloa to start with Scougall further forward, as he was in the second half last week. But they have subs that can change the game. We really don’t right now.

Alloa had 2 less players on the bench last week than us, quick check shows 4 of them are youth players with about 5 appearances between them. The other 2 were king and Robertson who I'd agree are experienced and could change the game.

Edited by VinnyPar

Tickets on sale for Meadowbank next week. Have to go to the Fanbase app (used by Hamilton last season). Go to the FC Edinburgh page, and go to the ‘store’. It will show as ‘ no tickets available’, but if you click on ‘events’ near the top, away tickets are available to buy.

£18 to stand round the pitch. Makes £20 at EEP seem like a bargain!

17 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Pybus wasn't shite. He was good at nicking the ball off folk and keeping it simple. Not a flair player but a decent defensive midfielder. I would kept him.

He worked hard and seemed to be physically fit. I can't criticise the guy's effort but you'd have to grade on a really generous scale to describe him as anything other than "shite".

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Tickets on sale for Meadowbank next week. Have to go to the Fanbase app (used by Hamilton last season). Go to the FC Edinburgh page, and go to the ‘store’. It will show as ‘ no tickets available’, but if you click on ‘events’ near the top, away tickets are available to buy.

£18 to stand round the pitch. Makes £20 at EEP seem like a bargain!

£18 is an absolute joke. But thanks for the heads up!

4 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Alloa had 2 less players on the bench last week than us, quick check shows 4 of them are youth players with about 5 appearances between them. The other 2 were king and Robertson who I'd agree are experienced and could change the game.

Indeed, we are also short on numbers and experience. Andy Graham suspended today and with Durnan and Howie injured that leaves us light in defence as well. 

Edited by Waspie

42 minutes ago, 101 said:

Remember if the queue is a bit long to collect the new season ticket you should have an electronic version sent to your email.

Cheers. Was just trying to figure out if you needed to collect a new card and/or if you could just use the PDF. 

2 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Cheers. Was just trying to figure out if you needed to collect a new card and/or if you could just use the PDF. 

Aye the electronic ticket should be enough, that's what I have anyway 😅 will eventually get round to pick up the new card.

The main thing is not to use the old one