Walking Down The Halbeath Road

27 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Excited to see who gets to experience it next.

Wouldn't wish that on anyone, except the Old Firm. Think the previous mumbleclown is absolutely finished in the game at any level now after his disastrous spell at EEP, which is good. Nobody deserves that sort of ineptitude. 

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Wouldn't wish that on anyone, except the Old Firm. Think the previous mumbleclown is absolutely finished in the game at any level now after his disastrous spell at EEP, which is good. Nobody deserves that sort of ineptitude. 

He'll get in somewhere, although probably Championship level at the highest, more likely League 1. There's just too many foolish boards who will see him as some sort of good manager who will be able to 'rationalise' his failures. He'll still be cheered on by his pals/relatives in the media.

Someone that likes to take the ball in midfield, drive forward, take the team up the pitch, take a man on at the by line and whip balls in for strikers? Get him fucking signed. Haven't seen that at EEP in what feels like a lifetime.

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I've never truthfully been that impressed with Crawford, someone who will have a decent highlights reel but he never seemed to impact games on a consistent basis? 

I don't think we're likely to get anyone who is quality on a consistent basis.

Will just need to be players whose average displays are enough to pick up wins at this level.

If he fits into the team and it clicks, that's what we want. Steady, decent with a return of some sorts goal and assist wise. He doesn't have to be Willie Gibson in his prime, just be good enough to add something positive to the team.

I've never truthfully been that impressed with Crawford, someone who will have a decent highlights reel but he never seemed to impact games on a consistent basis? 

He’s a proper good player and will do really well in League One. I’m not sure what you guys are lacking in midfield but Crawford will run like f**k, press like f**k and try and dribble his way out of everything. The timing of his final ball was maybe lacking a wee bit but he’s a good carrier of the ball and can get you up the pitch quite quickly.

If you use him properly and don’t pretend he’s an out and out attacking midfielder then he’ll be a good signing.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s a proper good player and will do really well in League One. I’m not sure what you guys are lacking in midfield but Crawford will run like f**k, press like f**k and try and dribble his way out of everything. The timing of his final ball was maybe lacking a wee bit but he’s a good carrier of the ball and can get you up the pitch quite quickly.

If you use him properly and don’t pretend he’s an out and out attacking midfielder then he’ll be a good signing.

Like the sound of that! 

You probably wouldn’t need more than the fingers on one had (yes, yes, we have an advantage there) to count how many genuinely decent loan players to have starred for us. Allan McGregor, Jim O’Brien, Adam Hammill, eh….

Then look at who we have plucked from lower down the leagues (and non-league). Andy Tod, Andy Geggan, Joe Cardle, Stewart Petrie, Lee Bullen, Ivo Den Biemen.. the list goes on and on.

We already have the core of the squad that was truly abysmal last season and couldn’t manage a goal in 180 minutes against the side that finished 4th in this league. Signing more of these so-so players is just going to mean more of the same. 

I’d cut McPake a lot of slack this season. If we somehow sneak up that would be great but it could be a good learning season for him and come January, if things are not too dire, he could start to reach out to the sort of players who could really reinvigorate the place. 

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sounds the complete opposite to Joe Chalmers. Get him signed now

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can he play DM?  My biggest worry in central midfield is how we cope with Hamilton out.  

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sounds very promising, cheers. 

2 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned in here already, but you’re in for Robbie Crawford as well apparently:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/3536632/exclusive-dunfermline-keen-to-sign-former-motherwell-and-livingston-midfielder/

I think he would be an excellent addition.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Can he play DM?  My biggest worry in central midfield is how we cope with Hamilton out.  

Tbh if we can get in a more forward thinking Midfielder then Todd and Allan have more defensive tendancies and I would hope could put in a shift there.

I really think we’ll struggle to get up this season due to our bench atm. If we’re not winning the game we don’t really have anyone to bring on to change that. I feel for McPake being left with doodoo players and no budget to bring in any decent ones

2 hours ago, lochgellyPAR said:

I really think we’ll struggle to get up this season due to our bench atm. If we’re not winning the game we don’t really have anyone to bring on to change that. I feel for McPake being left with doodoo players and no budget to bring in any decent ones

I don't feel bad for him in the slightest tbh.

Either he knew what the constraints would be and accepted the job anyway or he didn't do his due diligence before signing up.