Walking Down The Halbeath Road

How the f*ck has Chalmers seriously had a career at some decent sized clubs, and played as much as he has? He is honestly so fucking shite. Infuriating we have these players just hoovering good wages. Dorrans is another one. Didn't kick a ball all season, except for getting sent off and making mistakes causing the opposition to score. 

32 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Dorrans is another one. Didn't kick a ball all season, except for getting sent off and making mistakes causing the opposition to score. 

Rubbish. Did Dorrans say a nasty word to you at Somerset?

He's not the player he once was but when he played he was composed and gave plenty effort. Sold the jersey for a goal at Ibrox in the cup but do did everyone else that night.

44 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

How the f*ck has Chalmers seriously had a career at some decent sized clubs, and played as much as he has? He is honestly so fucking shite. Infuriating we have these players just hoovering good wages. Dorrans is another one. Didn't kick a ball all season, except for getting sent off and making mistakes causing the opposition to score. 

Chalmers was very poor last season. There’s no doubt about that. On Dorrans, his red card was rescinded, so that’s a very harsh criticism. He also wasn’t as bad as is made out by some fans.

We had a lot of players who were poor last season. Think it was largely down to abysmal management. Wighton, Dorrans and Comrie are certainly much better players than they looked last season. So I’m willing to see what the likes of Chalmers can do under decent management - although, if the manager doesn’t play him, that tells its own story.

Edited by CallumPar

Chalmers was so bad, he's got a lot to make up for. The cliche they someone isn't trying hard enough is thrown around too often, but I'm convinced it's the case with him. Lazy tracking, no late runs into the box, very lazy efforts on goal, the list goes on.

Dorrans is just picking up injuries that older players tend to do. I think he's actually a decent player but due to his career and supposed high wage, there are big demands put on him.

Chalmers on the other hand is a lazy shite of a player. He's terrified to challenge for the ball. Already seen his half arsed attitude in the warm up games and he' worked his way on to the bench already. I expect zero change in him.

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Because he's cheap.  It's the same reason Brad McKay keeps getting full time contracts.

Martin Harty - Has he been officially confirmed as a member of James McPake's backroom staff? I recall a few Dundee fans saying he'd probably be involved. There's an interview with Lewis McCann on the COWs today and he mentions him. Pretty good interview, touches on the difference with McPake and the coaches as opposed to the two last season, how much better it is etc.

Chalmers brings us all together.

Whenever you lot are swinging handbags at each other I'm going to swing in, the hero, and bring up Joe Chalmers to settle everything right back down.  

McPake has spoken to the media before the weekends fixtures. Courier reporting that JMcP thinks there'll be some movement soon but still relying on clubs up the food chain doing business etc.

Also said Dorrans should be back in full training next week and available for selection circa second game of the league season. 

9 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Chalmers was so bad, he's got a lot to make up for. The cliche they someone isn't trying hard enough is thrown around too often, but I'm convinced it's the case with him. Lazy tracking, no late runs into the box, very lazy efforts on goal, the list goes on.

I'm not even sure chalmers is particularly lazy, to me its that he genuinely doesn't understand football.   He'll move to a free ball 10 yards away,  but if its 5 and there's an opponent that might challenge him he backs off.   He can take a decent touch,  but if someone in a different coloured shirt runs towards him he gets confused and only knows to play the ball backwards   take his lack of runs into the box,   that's because if he does that he might not get a touch of the ball and if he does it will only be one, that confuses him as he thought football was about making 3 touch 5 yard passes,  same with his very rare shots,  there's no purpose to them as he doesn't see the difference between it going 10 yards wide or into the net,  either way it doesn't help his passing stats.  He won't track a runner cos why would he?  if the boy scores that gets us possession.  

You can see exactly why hughes signed him and exactly why he's a flop.    The day football adapts netball style rules over how many players can be in a section of the pitch and rewards the win to team with the most passes made regardless of distance chalmers may become successful,  until then...

7 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

McPake has spoken to the media before the weekends fixtures. Courier reporting that JMcP thinks there'll be some movement soon but still relying on clubs up the food chain doing business etc.

Also said Dorrans should be back in full training next week and available for selection circa second game of the league season. 

This line from the OP write-up made me laugh:

James McPake shares most fans opinions on friendlies in that it seems he hates them as well

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Fan of a really tall lad called "Little".

Would imagine he'll get a few games if/when Mehmet struggles.

Mehmet tends to get injured quite a bit, I'd imagine we'll see the Little guy at some point. 

A two year suggests we certainly rate him.