Walking Down The Halbeath Road

24 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

We lacked leadership last season and, so far, I’ve been impressed by him. Didn’t rate him at Rovers, I’m not going to lie. But he seems to be what we’ve been needing in our defence. Not the best CB we’ve had in terms of ability, but he seems to provide the leadership we have lacked in recent years, organising the defence and having a go at players (and officials) when they need it.

Having said that, I’ve only seen him in a friendly v Killie and today v East Fife. It’s all about how he does in league duty. But the early signs are quite positive, in my opinion.

In League One he should give you all that you’re wanting there, with the occasional moment of panic. If he can keep his head, like he has the last couple of seasons, rather than falling back to getting a bit stroppy and bullheaded now and then, you’ll enjoy his leadership. If you’ve paired him with a quicker and more maneuverable CB, it could be excellent…but even with an old warhorse like Berra, he can forge a meaningful partnership.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Saw mention on the other forum (EEB) that Hamilton is suspended for the first two league games.

Ffs, hope Dorrans is back and able to play in at least one game before the league opener.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Ffs, hope Dorrans is back and able to play in at least one game before the league opener.

Wouldn't count on it! Wouldn't count on him at all during the season. If he was fit think he could be really decent in League 1, but he's injured too often. He can't be relied upon.

15 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Always thought he was a couple of pointers away from a decent all round package. Might be his year to steamroll defences. 

Thought for a while McCann is a much bigger prospect than Pars fans have realised and McPake’s setup up front should get the best out of him. 

30 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Another goal or 2 for him on Tuesday and he could really start building some momentum.

He’ll also likely face a dilemma as Scotland and NI u21s could be chapping his door. Only just turned 21 so guess he’s still eligible?

Thought for a while McCann is a much bigger prospect than Pars fans have realised and McPake’s setup up front should get the best out of him. 

Always thought there was something there. Plenty of strength certainly, but having played 1 up front so much last season all our strikers suffered a lack of goals through lack of support.

I’m hopeful the drop down in league, plus a manager with a more positive setup can do exactly this.

Good to hear McPake taking about players keeping possession in comfortable areas wasn't acceptable. That was exactly what Yogi loved and why we couldn't carry any attacking threat.

Edited by Chubbychops

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Hoping McCann ragdolls the seaside defenders this season, he's more than capable. 

Should have an element of surprise too as Wighton and O’Hara are the ones other teams are talking about. 

50 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Are we basically playing similar system that Liverpool have? Full backs pushing up high, front three, hard-working midfield, high press?

Need to replace that chancer Joe in there first. 

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Are we basically playing similar system that Liverpool have? Full backs pushing up high, front three, hard-working midfield, high press?

I wouldn’t quite say so, full backs not quite as high, wide forwards don’t move as central and the central forward stays up rather than dropping into midfield.