Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I get the impression that McPake doesn't rate Todorov.

Also, is Dorrans still alive? What a poor signing that had been, especially if he's on a good wage. Just injured far too often. 

1 minute ago, Stoo61 said:

He walks among us in human form 

Screenshot_20220709-163226_WhatsApp.jpg

😍

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I get the impression that McPake doesn't rate Todorov.

Also, is Dorrans still alive? What a poor signing that had been, especially if he's on a good wage. Just injured far too often. 

😍

Dorrans is injured. McPake mentioned he's back running and should be fully training soon.

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Dorrans is injured. McPake mentioned he's back running and should be fully training soon.

Aye, know he's injured. He's always injured!

Haha, they're right to write the score as 0-2, but putting 'DAFC vs EFFC' before it defeats the formatting.

Decen enough start to the cup, especially with County only getting 2 points today.

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I see McPake rolled Bene out as Captain, how’s he looking for you so far?

We lacked leadership last season and, so far, I’ve been impressed by him. Didn’t rate him at Rovers, I’m not going to lie. But he seems to be what we’ve been needing in our defence. Not the best CB we’ve had in terms of ability, but he seems to provide the leadership we have lacked in recent years, organising the defence and having a go at players (and officials) when they need it.

Having said that, I’ve only seen him in a friendly v Killie and today v East Fife. It’s all about how he does in league duty. But the early signs are quite positive, in my opinion.

On the game, I thought first half was really dull. Second half, we started on the front foot and kept EF pinned back for almost the full 45 mins. Had some decent bits of play and often just lacked the killer instinct in the box. Breen and McCann both look a lot more mobile - unless I’m imagining that. Also thought McCann took both his goals well - also forced a good save from the keeper.

Comrie looked back to his old self, driving forward, overlapping (including winning the penalty), but solid defensively. Edwards played a few good balls into the box too. Midfield seemed to be a weak area still though. We only really looked good going forward through the full backs, or McCann holding it up/flicking it on for Wighton/O’Hara. Paul Allan looked good when he came on, seemed to be trying to find positive passes and move into space. Unfortunately, that’s not the norm for a Pars midfielder!