Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 minutes ago, Ayrpar said:

Cant believe we are being linked with Kai Kennedy -how absolutely uninspiring- did nothing while with us so no thanks.

Wait, what?! I thought folk were just discussing him. Surely we are being linked with him?

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

The Sun online says Falkirk and Pars are interested in taking him.

Ah for f**k sake. Get him to f**k. Would be a dreadful signing.

7 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Hows this campaign going?

Currently out of the country working on a Haggis Burek idea which would actually change Scottish eating habits forever and make me the richest man in history. Fingers in many pies....you could say. 

I'll double down on this, he'd be a good signing. 

We're dreadfully light on wingers, in that we've literally got fucking none. Are there any better, or attainable than Kennedy? From who's available I'd honestly have him top of the list. 

Hopefully you sign him then. Sounds like an absolute nothing player and as much as I think McGlynn has recruited reasonably well for us so far on paper at least with the possible exception of Gary Oliver who just feels like a meh signing, Kennedy I don't think I'd be too bothered about missing out on. 

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Saw Lewis Martin interview in the Press talking about his frustration about how things ended with us, felt he should have played more towards end of the season etc.

Does this mean hughes is a slavering c**t?

Surely not?

Couple of things. First, @101is it worth setting up a page for people to donate what they can/want to for the sponsorship? This can then either be topped up by someone, if required, or excess funds can be donated to the club/PST? Just seems better than asking for people to donate a certain amount. Means some people aren’t priced out of it.

Also, think Kennedy would probably be alright at this level. Would be a fairly good signing if we got him. However, the appeal of working with McGlynn again might be bigger than the appeal of returning to a club he flopped at last season.

22 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Also, think Kennedy would probably be alright at this level. Would be a fairly good signing if we got him. 

I probably agree but we mustn't fall into the trap of thinking that players will be alright in League One based on who they've played for etc - just look at Falkirk who have made many "he should be a cracking signing at this level" acquisitions only for them to stink the division out.

31 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I probably agree but we mustn't fall into the trap of thinking that players will be alright in League One based on who they've played for etc - just look at Falkirk who have made many "he should be a cracking signing at this level" acquisitions only for them to stink the division out.

100%. Someone needs to be managed/coached properly to be a decent signing. Kennedy seems to have potential. If our coaching team don’t have what it takes to help him improve/learn, he wouldn’t be a good signing. I’m just saying that he has the potential to be a decent signing at this level. 

I've seen Kennedy play against us with 3 clubs & also for us. He's done very little to impress apart from 1 game last season were he scored a couple - can't remember who against.

He's definitely got the talent but whether League One would work for him is highly debatable to be honest. On the one hand he could do a Super Joe & just spend 9 months ripping defenders apart for fun or he could do the exact opposite & disappear altogether.

I'm thinking it might work but wouldn't be that fussed if he went elsewhere. 

I don't think it's so much the ability of the opposition that'll suit Kennedy, more the fact that you'd expect to have the vast majority of the ball in most games. He's not a player for a battle or game that's going to be decided on fine margins, but in a game where you're dominating he'll make life miserable for the opposition. If he's only getting two or three chances a game then he's no use, but if you can get the ball to him one-on-one with his fullback six, seven or eight times in a game he'll make things happen. 

Last season, he'd have been a better player for Kilmarnock at the top of the Championship than he would've been for East Fife at the bottom of League One. 

The lack of signings is frustrating, but everyone else, pretty much, is in the same boat. Players will be holding out for the best deal. Would be nice to get it all sorted by League Cup campaign, but looks like that won't happen. The League Cup is probably going to just have to be shelved this season. I'll start to actually worry if we're in the same situation by the first game of the league season. 

Noticed the DR yesterday had Ayr as another team linked with Kennedy. Be good if he went there, avoids us having to sign him and also the chance that Falkirk sign him and he turns out to be good... 

Pretty understanding of the situation regarding transfers this season. We've got a decent sized squad with some players on bigger money that in an ideal world wouldn't be here, new manager and we have fallen further down the food chain so it's going to take time. Fortunately we did get two good deals done early with Benedictus and Hamilton.