Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Starting the season early for this bullshit world cup is a farce, got to feel for players with school age family that said I couldn't care less how the group stages go. All about the league this year.

It is possible to focus on more than one thing at a time. 

Can't see the club signing 6-7 more players. Maybe 3 or 4. You have remember that income will be way down (less prize money, lower away crowds, season tickets struggling to reach 2000*), no TV cash. Plus the nonsense of last season is probably still costly. There's also the running costs of the academy and training ground.

*Sadly this will probably be the new level going forward

1885 at this stage is an incredible amount to be shifted given what absolute fucking dirge the fanbase has had to put up with recently. Can see us shifting 2500 before the start of the season if we can add a few more names.

Aye 1885 isn't bad considering how utterly dreadful we've been for a number of seasons leading up to a relegation to L1. Also given the state of the world at the moment, cost of living etc. I'm sure between now and the end of the month we'll get closer to the 2500 mark. A couple of pen gifs wouldn't go a miss in helping out.

On 04/07/2022 at 08:21, Chubbychops said:

I've watched full games involving Queens Park 4 times, Airdrie twice. East Fife twice,  Dumbarton and Peterhead.  I have also seen many of the midfielders in this league previously.

I'll stick with my view that our current midfield is not going to be good enough without bringing in better quality.  

I can assure you I'm not ''knicker wetting'' either, it's an opinion and reading my post back and don't see anything other than that.  I have a hell of a lot bigger things going on in my life that puts DAFC quite low down my list of things to ''wet my knickers'' about.

You've obviously not seen our midfield. Anyone who put in a bit of effort never mind skill saw our lot roll over last season. And we still have a good few of the protagonists. 

Not sure about that starting line up. Gives me the fear. Comrie as a centre back again? If so, we know how that works (hint; not well).

Chalmers as a footballer again? If so, we know how that works (hint; not well).

Or could it be Todd is in midfield? MacDonald as a winger? Hmmm.

The trialist keeper has started and looked OK apart from fumbling the ball in the deck to gift them the goal..but his distribution with the ball looks really good. Confident with crosses and stood up well to block a shot there as they ran in.

15 minutes ago, Heaton said:

The trialist keeper has started and looked OK apart from fumbling the ball in the deck to gift them the goal..but his distribution with the ball looks really good. Confident with crosses and stood up well to block a shot there as they ran in.

Yeh anyone any idea who he is looks fairly young