Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Lewis Martin has signed for Kelty Hearts. Really hope he goes on to have a great career, such a shame injuries have held him back in recent years. That performance at Celtic Park was about as tenacious and flawless I’ve ever seen in a Pars jersey.

Lewis Martin has signed for Kelty Hearts. Really hope he goes on to have a great career, such a shame injuries have held him back in recent years. That performance at Celtic Park was about as tenacious and flawless I’ve ever seen in a Pars jersey.
Stuart Morrison also unbelievable that day.

19 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Should have stuck big Marco up front after his half time scissor kick antics.

When we were kids we used to go down the front of the Norrie at HT. Marco done one of his scissor kicks that flew past the goals and ended up hitting a guy I went to school with, breaking his wrist. 

Just noticed Lee Johnson (Hibs) has been speaking to the DR about a youngsters going on loan. The two name mentioned are Dylan Tait formerly of Raith and Daniel Mackay who we have been linked with. He mentions that we're interested in him but that it's likely he'll be looking at Championship minimum.

One or two loans is ok, but when you go overboard, like Crawford did, it doesn't end well and is rather silly. We lined up with half the team made up of loan players in one game that I'd rather not be discussed.

Would rather we developed our own players rather than another team's younger players.

Talking of pish loans, wonder where Kai Kennedy will end up this season, and if the media will continue to w**k over him and claim he's a great player and promising young talent*?

*He's pish

Another one of Grant's baffling decisions. Bring in a winger (or number 10) on loan, hand him a starting XI squad number (I know that's not really a thing but to me it indicates that he was seen as someone who was going to be playing quite an important part) then set up the side in a way that means we don't play with wingers or a number 10. Genius. 

45 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Another one of Grant's baffling decisions. Bring in a winger (or number 10) on loan, hand him a starting XI squad number (I know that's not really a thing but to me it indicates that he was seen as someone who was going to be playing quite an important part) then set up the side in a way that means we don't play with wingers or a number 10. Genius. 

At great expense if rumours are to believed too. 

5 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Just noticed Lee Johnson (Hibs) has been speaking to the DR about a youngsters going on loan. The two name mentioned are Dylan Tait formerly of Raith and Daniel Mackay who we have been linked with. He mentions that we're interested in him but that it's likely he'll be looking at Championship minimum.

there's absolutely no chance Tait is playing league 1 football this year.   Mackay maybe,  if we're paying the cash that championship clubs won't match.

On loans in general, I couldn't give a f**k.   If someone comes in and does a job I don't think anyone cares what there transfer status is. Some of my favourite players were loans.

Stenhousemuir are providing a free stream coverage of  our closed door friendly tomorrow.

McPake says this will be a lot of the guys who have not played as much as others, so a wee chance to have a look at some of the youth players I would imagine.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

One of our greatest ever players (not Hammill) was originally on loan.

Crawford? 

35 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

He's shite.

Not saying otherwise, just that we're playing at a really poor level, and someone with his pace and trickery would do well. He'd still have a poor final product but he'd get so many chances to do something he'd put down good numbers. 

For his career he's going to need to go low down at one point IMO. 

Tin hat on but I thought Hamill was a bit overrated. He had that great game against Motherwell (IIRC?) and made Neil Lennon look silly but from that period Jim O’Brien delivered more in terms of assists etc, he just wasn’t as flashy. Good to have players like that who actually entertain a bit but they can flatter to deceive in terms of what they actually deliver (see also Paul McMullen, Kai Kennedy…).

10 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Crawford? 

Not saying otherwise, just that we're playing at a really poor level, and someone with his pace and trickery would do well. He'd still have a poor final product but he'd get so many chances to do something he'd put down good numbers. 

For his career he's going to need to go low down at one point IMO. 

There will be plenty of wingers available who are a similar level but a lot cheaper.