Walking Down The Halbeath Road

55 minutes ago, smpar said:

When was the last time we felt like we had a manager who actually had a plan B?

Hughes, Grant, Crawford, Johnston, Potter and Jefferies didn’t. McIntyre?

Tbf I feel like Jefferies sometimes did, we came back from being 1 or 2 goals down a few(?) times under him.

Wasn't there but Stenny away surely had a plan b.

Blue shorts and maroon socks for the away kit. Lovely.

Like the home strip but really not a fan of the white shorts (or white shorts with a Pars kit in general), especially when paired with predominantly white socks. Just doesn't look right!

1 hour ago, smpar said:

When was the last time we felt like we had a manager who actually had a plan B?

Hughes, Grant, Crawford, Johnston, Potter and Jefferies didn’t. McIntyre?

Tbf I feel like Jefferies sometimes did, we came back from being 1 or 2 goals down a few(?) times under him.

Didn't Johnston's (awful) decision to try a back 3/5 the season after the playoffs contitute a plan B? Of course it was wildly unsuccessful (save for the opening game!) and quickly chucked for a 4-4-2. Dreadful squad that season and his poor decisions cost Johnston his job.

16 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Mvoto up front was a plan straight from Plankton.

Morris up front before that too. Pretty sure I’d suggested both options on here first. Think JJ and AJ lurked here looking for advice.

19 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Morris up front before that too. Pretty sure I’d suggested both options on here first. Think JJ and AJ lurked here looking for advice.

Was never a fan of Morris returning. Fordyce was doing tremendously well and unceremoniously dumped out away to Alloa in the cup where we nearly gave away a 3 goal lead. 

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Did Johnston have a Plan A ....? I'm trying to remember one.

Aye, fair point. Not sure it was a plan though, we basically had a squad that was too good for this league and it showed.

The 'put a big defender up front' nonsense must have been tried by most managers. Total desperation stuff.

With Hay it was actually plan A as he dropped Brewster for Tod up top. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Was never a fan of Morris returning. Fordyce was doing tremendously well and unceremoniously dumped out away to Alloa in the cup where we nearly gave away a 3 goal lead. 

Fordyce was absolutely wash when he came back from injury. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The 'put a big defender up front' nonsense must have been tried by most managers. Total desperation stuff.

Aye, then let him go to Inverness for fack all with our best wishes.

What a nob.

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Aye, then let him go to Inverness for fack all with our best wishes.

What a nob.

Horrendous stuff, absolutely horrendous. Despised Hay as manager.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Could have been worse, it could have been like when Stuart Pearce took off an outfield player, brought on Nicky Weaver to play in goals and moved David James up front. With an outfield kit with "James 1" on the back, so it was clearly planned in advance. And with Jon Macken, an actual centre forward who at the time was their record signing sitting on the bench. Madness. Actually, I wonder if Peter Grant ever worked with "Psycho"?

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Could have been worse, it could have been like when Stuart Pearce took off an outfield player, brought on Nicky Weaver to play in goals and moved David James up front. With an outfield kit with "James 1" on the back, so it was clearly planned in advance. And with Jon Macken, an actual centre forward who at the time was their record signing sitting on the bench. Madness. Actually, I wonder if Peter Grant ever worked with "Psycho"?

Want to say this was vs Middlesbrough and decided who played UEFA Cup the following season?

Nah nae danger, got outpaced by John Sutton in the 4-3 St Mirren game. Glad Fordyce has done well since but Morris was 100% an upgrade.