Walking Down The Halbeath Road

23 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I wonder if the people that left board position at the end of the season were the ones that often let slip about signings etc. Usually by this point we've been linked with everyone and there's rumours for weeks, someone always in the know etc, but this season it's been fairly straight forward. Is it just that we're a little less active than most years or has McPake ensured no one's leaking anything.

My suspicion is that the leaky board member is still in position. 

McCann and O’Hara both scoring again. Performances/results in friendlies mean nothing. But it will certainly boost their confidence, which can only be a good thing. Doesn’t mean they’ll score lots or have great seasons, but they’re players that looked low on confidence at various points last season.

Just seen Todd’s scored too. If he’s going to play in a more attacking role, again it’ll be good if he has some confidence in front of goal. Need as many players as possible to be chipping in with goals.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Pars will have their work cut out this season and we need a few more players, but these pre-season friendlies will prepare us for the fight ahead.

I think we'll win this league.

Think the club need to work on their social media updates. First of all, they’re getting far too excited over a friendly v Forfar. Secondly, we put out an update that Miller Fenton scored at 21:05 and put out the update to say he’d been subbed on at 21:07. Then just didn’t bother describing the goal (they described all the others). Things like that should be reliable/consistent. 

We used to have unique goal graphics for each player - we did in 2017-18, not sure when/why that changed. We’ve gone backwards to a generic goal gif, plus a name in all caps (usually) with 10-15 exclamation marks. I say ‘usually’ because for McCann’s tonight, they turned caps lock off too early and the tweet was “LEWIS MCCann!!!!!!!!!!!!” It’s fairly minor, but social media should be valued by the club, as a very useful tool for communicating with fans. Our output is very amateur.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Think the club need to work on their social media updates. First of all, they’re getting far too excited over a friendly v Forfar. Secondly, we put out an update that Miller Fenton scored at 21:05 and put out the update to say he’d been subbed on at 21:07. Then just didn’t bother describing the goal (they described all the others). Things like that should be reliable/consistent. 

We used to have unique goal graphics for each player - we did in 2017-18, not sure when/why that changed. We’ve gone backwards to a generic goal gif, plus a name in all caps (usually) with 10-15 exclamation marks. I say ‘usually’ because for McCann’s tonight, they turned caps lock off too early and the tweet was “LEWIS MCCann!!!!!!!!!!!!” It’s fairly minor, but social media should be valued by the club, as a very useful tool for communicating with fans. Our output is very amateur.

Sometimes the order of the tweets comes out in the wrong order if there is a poor signal from where they are sat tweeting, it's not normally noticeable if things don't happen one after another.

8 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Were the two trialists youth players again?

Heard we have offered James Maxwell a contract. Would make no sense really unless Edwards or MacDonald are away.

A contingency for if Edwards does go down south? 

Were the two trialists youth players again?

Heard we have offered James Maxwell a contract. Would make no sense really unless Edwards or MacDonald are away.
Maxwell played wide left and centre mid regularly for Ayr last season I believe. That would be a real coup but can't see it happening.

Refreshing after last season to read the manager's post-match comments that appear to show some humility. 

Although relegation is a complete disaster, as the season draws closer the more I'm actually glad we're not going into a new championship campaign with Hughes knowing full well he'd be gone by Christmas. McPake wasn't an appointment to get you off your feet but at least we can go in with a bit of hope and optimism. 

Plus seeing the name Andy Tod again on a Dunfermline team sheet can only bring a warm, glowing feeling. Please don't be mince.

I don’t care if that’s against part-timers in pre season, it’s refreshing to see players passing and moving for each other, as well as strikers having a pop at goal. Night and day compared to the inept pish from last season.