Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Confirmation that the Edinburgh derby has been shifted to Sunday lunchtime so it won't clash with our fiery encounter with FC Edinburgh.
Glad to see the authorities saw sense not to have 4 massive city clubs playing in Edinburgh on the same day. A win chalked up for common sense!

I wonder if the people that left board position at the end of the season were the ones that often let slip about signings etc. Usually by this point we've been linked with everyone and there's rumours for weeks, someone always in the know etc, but this season it's been fairly straight forward. Is it just that we're a little less active than most years or has McPake ensured no one's leaking anything.

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I wonder if the people that left board position at the end of the season were the ones that often let slip about signings etc. Usually by this point we've been linked with everyone and there's rumours for weeks, someone always in the know etc, but this season it's been fairly straight forward. Is it just that we're a little less active than most years or has McPake ensured no one's leaking anything.

I  just get the impression mcpake is being patent.   There's a few gossips still involved but cook might have dished out a few telts to them.

Hopefully the leakers have been identified and sent to the wall.

Clubs at our level usually have to wait for deals done at other clubs, usually higher up the chain, to see who then becomes available, or wait for offers for out of contract players to fall through so that we can then be a solid back up option.

On 26/06/2022 at 23:03, Cardle is Magic said:

They're important for the squad etc but they're a waste of time for supporters.

Looking at our goals yesterday, Cove will need to improve defensively by about 1000% or they'll be Brechin-esque.

We were truly terrible, both at the back and going forward, on Saturday. One of the worst performance I've seen at Balmoral in a long time. Very much a contrast to last season.

First game back you expect a lack of match sharpness especially with only two training sessions but I was underwhelmed at the performance and fitness. We only had 13 outfield players, were playing a few players out of position due to injury and have a new manager who hasn't brought anyone yet in. Those elements didn't help.

Guys like Masson, Leitch, McIntosh, Neill shouldn't be anywhere near our starting XI if we can make some signings.

Saturday should have been a kick up the arse for us and reinforces we need to strengthen in the next few weeks.

Pars rode to an easy victory and looked well ahead in sharpness.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I see Charlie Adam has got a coaching gig at West Ham so that puts to bed the rumor he was considering coming here, not that I think it would have been a great move unless other members of the squad were moved on.

55 minutes ago, 101 said:

I see Charlie Adam has got a coaching gig at West Ham so that puts to bed the rumor he was considering coming here, not that I think it would have been a great move unless other members of the squad were moved on.

Nah he's not got a job there, was just for his coaching hours apparently.

Why would Charlie Adam come here? Dundee had to get an external party to fund his wages. How would we able to afford him? Even if we could, why would he drop down to League 1, and why to us? He and McPake weren't pals like McPake and Dorrans are.

Someone like Falkirk or Kelty would be more likely to sign him than us.

54 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why would Charlie Adam come here? Dundee had to get an external party to fund his wages. How would we able to afford him? Even if we could, why would he drop down to League 1, and why to us? He and McPake weren't pals like McPake and Dorrans are.

Someone like Falkirk or Kelty would be more likely to sign him than us.

If he wants to keep playing, then he can't be asking for silly money now, because of his age. IMO. Would've kept him as an impact sub in the championship, he would do a job in L1 as well.