Walking Down The Halbeath Road

42 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Yeah, he's said that about our latest batch of 16 year olds.

The five 16 year olds coming in from Fife Elite that are untried in professional football will not stop him signing th 4-5 players we need for the first team right now.

I'm talking about the posts above that think we are pretty much done with signings because five 16 year olds came in from Fife Elite.

You’re spot on here. McPake alluded to a game at East End, when he was in charge at Dundee. He played a kid in midfield, someone Cameron I think(?). Said that whilst the player was ready for first team football, the team had been awful that day and he wanted to get the kid out of that environment, so he took him off at HT. Said he wasn’t the worst player, or the reason they lost 2-0, but he wanted to protect him.

Even if the kids end up being good enough, he knows that you need experience in the squad. Experience doesn’t necessarily mean men in their 30s that are past it. For example, he talked about Wighton’s experience of big occasions - scoring in a cup semi final and both Dundee and Edinburgh derbies.

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

You’re spot on here. McPake alluded to a game at East End, when he was in charge at Dundee. He played a kid in midfield, someone Cameron I think(?). Said that whilst the player was ready for first team football, the team had been awful that day and he wanted to get the kid out of that environment, so he took him off at HT. Said he wasn’t the worst player, or the reason they lost 2-0, but he wanted to protect him.

Even if the kids end up being good enough, he knows that you need experience in the squad. Experience doesn’t necessarily mean men in their 30s that are past it. For example, he talked about Wighton’s experience of big occasions - scoring in a cup semi final and both Dundee and Edinburgh derbies.

That's what I'm picking up from his interviews.

The young guy was Lyle Cameron. Apparently impressed on loan elsewhere this season. Teenagers need time to come in and out the team without pressure every week. They need to fill out physically and learn how to deal with the pressure of crowds mentally.

Edited by Chubbychops

5 hours ago, 101 said:

Absolutely standard from them, bizzare.

An odd bunch and a very odd poster, hope he's OK. 

Cove seemed to win the title fairly convincingly last year so a win is a welcome result, but that formation and lineup looks pretty odd, how did the three upfront lineup? 

7 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

101 post at the bottom of the previous page?

I said I didn't think we would sign 6 players, I don't I think 4 is more likely and then it will depend on the laid market thereafter.

Is there a reserve league this year or will loan deals be the only way to get experience? Other than Celtic, Rangers and Hearts messing about in the lowland league.

16 hours ago, 101 said:

Add Dorrans into the squad today and it is obvious a bit too heavy and clearly having a sub goalkeeper who has never played a senior game isn't great but I think we are closer to being done than that many more folk coming in.

Sorry but this is where I thought you meant we are pretty much done. Where I think we will bring in 4-5 more that are not teenagers. It didn't sound like you though 4 more were coming in.

21 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Sorry but this is where I thought you meant we are pretty much done. Where I think we will bring in 4-5 more that are not teenagers. It didn't sound like you though 4 more were coming in.

Why did you remove the first sentence of that post?

Looks like the young guys are in the first team to play, so I would doubt that 6 more folk will be coming in. ” makes it quite clear that he’s referencing the person he quoted saying we needed 6 more signings. He literally says he can’t see 6 more coming in and you’ve gone through the effort to remove that from the post you’ve quoted. What’s the point in that?

You got that a bit wrong, these things happen. Just hold your hands up and move on. Not sure what you’re trying to achieve here, we don’t have to look back far to find the post you’ve quoted and see the sentence you’ve removed.

20 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Why did you remove the first sentence of that post?

Looks like the young guys are in the first team to play, so I would doubt that 6 more folk will be coming in. ” makes it quite clear that he’s referencing the person he quoted saying we needed 6 more signings. He literally says he can’t see 6 more coming in and you’ve gone through the effort to remove that from the post you’ve quoted. What’s the point in that?

You got that a bit wrong, these things happen. Just hold your hands up and move on. Not sure what you’re trying to achieve here, we don’t have to look back far to find the post you’ve quoted and see the sentence you’ve removed.

I don't see how that changes how I read it. The post reads that we are pretty much done with signings , where I think we will make nearer to 6.

I'm going to the effort, due to Cardle's arsy comment about nobody said were close to being done with signings, when somebody did say that.

''Add Dorrans into the squad today and it is obvious a bit too heavy and clearly having a sub goalkeeper who has never played a senior game isn't great but I think we are closer to being done than that many more folk coming in.''

Edited by Chubbychops

Leigh Griffiths boxing training all week, shed a ton of weight and realising what a waster he has been in terms of fitness. Hilarious if we sign the old 30 goal a season version as Falkirk look on in disbelief at last season’s wage thief. 

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

I don't see how that changes how I read it. The post reads that we are pretty much done with signings , where I think we will make nearer to 6.

I'm going to the effort, due to Cardle's arsy comment about nobody said were close to being done with signings, when somebody did say that.

''Add Dorrans into the squad today and it is obvious a bit too heavy and clearly having a sub goalkeeper who has never played a senior game isn't great but I think we are closer to being done than that many more folk coming in.''

You know there's a fair gap between zero and six right? Or are you just on the wind-up at this point?

4 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Leigh Griffiths boxing training all week, shed a ton of weight and realising what a waster he has been in terms of fitness. Hilarious if we sign the old 30 goal a season version as Falkirk look on in disbelief at last season’s wage thief. 

He's shifted a load of weight before only to put it all back on. I hope his head is back in the right place for him as much as anyone else.

Good to see 2 of the 3 strikers getting a goal yesterday. Friendlies are pointless but I’m sure they’ll take anything that gives them a bit of confidence after last season.