Walking Down The Halbeath Road

11 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I had that top and whilst I realise it was for a good cause I still regret giving it & loads of other classic tops away to Marv. The green & purple away top from 94-95.....the Jamie Squires black & gold........sad face.

It was match worn the black and gold?

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It was match worn the black and gold?

No sorry I meant the style worn by Jamie Squires when he scored a late equaliser at Pittodrie (quickly followed by an Eoin Jess winner in injury time FFS)

The 2017-2018 shirt was one of my favourite of the recent bunch, although I never actually got one at the time and only got one recently due to the kindness of an auld pal @Rob1885.

Looking forward to seeing it. As I am with the away one if it is indeed maroon, something different at least.

I had that top and whilst I realise it was for a good cause I still regret giving it & loads of other classic tops away to Marv. The green & purple away top from 94-95.....the Jamie Squires black & gold........sad face.

Does Marv still have a wee shop for the old shirts?

9 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Does Marv still have a wee shop for the old shirts?

I believe so, from the Facebook page it seems to be more things people make in their spare time like cushions and blankets. But I do think the shop still has donation in it. 

24 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

What are we thinking then folks? A new player or two modelling the new kits? Be a good time for a signing with the supporters meeting at EEP tonight.

Charlie Adam sporting our new plus size range.

Ach, strip will be first shown at the meeting tonight then the images released on social media after.

Also, it only notes the home strip; no mention of the away one.

Edited by DA Baracus

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

What are we thinking then folks? A new player or two modelling the new kits? Be a good time for a signing with the supporters meeting at EEP tonight.

Nah. 

It's far better for the club to essentially drip these things out. The social media and website will get a large bump of interest when we release the kit, if we were to announce the signing of a new player the next day it would get another bump. Doing both on the same day though doesn't get double if you catch my drift? 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Ach, strip will be first shown at the meeting tonight then the images released on social media after.

Also, it only notes the home strip; no mention of the away one.

Away strip next week, apparently. Club also confirmed on Twitter that there are stripes on the back this year. Someone asked the question and they sent a ✅ back. Good news!

No chance of any signings. We'll be arranging them, but they won't be anything special or eye-catching. Said it plenty of times, but I'm not expecting anything this season. Build a squad that can grow as a team for years and push for promotion to the Premiership eventually (just like Campbell has done with Arbroath) 

I’d imagine we’ll have some trialists in, now that friendlies have begun. Better to see how guys get on in a match situation than just on the training ground. Apparently everyone looks great there, if you believe Grant/Hughes. I also think there will be negotiations ongoing with a number of players, perhaps even deals agreed. But, as a club, we don’t tend to announce things until everything is signed - makes sense.

Hopefully get updates/timescales on the training base and coaching team being in place. Would also be good to hear about the commercial side of things (sponsorship packages etc) and any potential improvements for fan engagement/the match day experience tonight. Hope we don’t have idiots asking what formation McPake plans to play, his game plans etc, as if he’ll reveal that to a group of fans to come online and tell everyone. Also hope people don’t come and rant about Grant/Hughes. Got to trust that the review has been conducted and we have learned from mistakes made last season and move on.

I’d imagine we’ll have some trialists in, now that friendlies have begun. Better to see how guys get on in a match situation than just on the training ground. Apparently everyone looks great there, if you believe Grant/Hughes. I also think there will be negotiations ongoing with a number of players, perhaps even deals agreed. But, as a club, we don’t tend to announce things until everything is signed - makes sense.
Hopefully get updates/timescales on the training base and coaching team being in place. Would also be good to hear about the commercial side of things (sponsorship packages etc) and any potential improvements for fan engagement/the match day experience tonight. Hope we don’t have idiots asking what formation McPake plans to play, his game plans etc, as if he’ll reveal that to a group of fans to come online and tell everyone. Also hope people don’t come and rant about Grant/Hughes. Got to trust that the review has been conducted and we have learned from mistakes made last season and move on.
Tbf at the one in November when Yogi had been appointed, don't remember anyone bringing up Grant so would imagine everyone has a viewpoint of no point crying over spilt milk.

I would like to know if we can bring back the boy who sold tablet and macaroon bars during the match and shouted ''Get yer macaroooooon Baaars''.     Miss my mid-match macaroon bar, filled a gap before my half-time pie.

Edited by Chubbychops