Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Did McPake use a 4312 while at Dundee? 

We've currently got absolutely f**k all in the way of wide midfielders, and all our strikers work better in a 2.

The had Paul McMullan who's a wide player and McDaid that didn't get a game. Can't think of any other wingers at Dundee under McPake.  Luke McCowan a winger?

You might be right in terms of playing narrow next season.

10 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

The had Paul McMullan who's a wide player and McDaid that didn't get a game. Can't think of any other wingers at Dundee under McPake.  Luke McCowan a winger?

You might be right in terms of playing narrow next season.

Currently we'd have

Mehmet

Comrie-Benedictus-Breen-Edwards

Dorrans-Hamilton-Chalmers

Adam

Wighton-O'Hara

Currently we'd have
Mehmet
Comrie-Benedictus-Breen-Edwards
Dorrans-Hamilton-Chalmers
Adam
Wighton-O'Hara

f**k me

Dorrans, Adam and Chalmers is a midfield that would struggle in a game of walking football. Swap Slow Joe out for Adam and get another energetic midfielder in there and that’s probably good enough.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Did McPake use a 4312 while at Dundee? 

We've currently got absolutely f**k all in the way of wide midfielders, and all our strikers work better in a 2.

4-3-3 and 3-5-2 were his ideal formations. Most of our success came with the former. Shaun Byrne as ball winner, Jordan McGhee as box to box and Adam dictating play.

We'd then have one out and out winger such as Paul McMullan and then despite having other wingers on the books, he'd infuriatingly play Paul McGowan as a wide midfielder who liked to come into the middle of the pitch rather than another winger.

ETA: It was always, always a lop sided formation with McPake. Near the end McGowan was playing just off the striker in a 4-4-1-1 type formation and again, it was usually someone picked at random to be on one wing rather than one of our quality wingers.

Edited by Ludo*1

New kit revealed tomorrow. Looks like it’s white with black pinstripes. I do like the pinstripe look. Not my favourite, compared to last season’s effort for example, but it is a lovely style.

16 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

New kit revealed tomorrow. Looks like it’s white with black pinstripes. I do like the pinstripe look. Not my favourite, compared to last season’s effort for example, but it is a lovely style.

Hopefully it’s not too similar to the 2014-15 kit. That was a decent looking kit, I just suffer from PTSD whenever I remember that season.

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

Get O’Hara in the Declan McManus role, defending from the front and harassing defenders (hopefully into mistakes) allowing the glacial midfielders to pick up the scraps and work some magic.

Aye a preseason of running marathons for him please.

12 hours ago, 101 said:

Aye a preseason of running marathons for him please.

Kevin get away from that football and do one more lap of the Fife Coastal path and if I see you within a mile of a football again, I swear you're going on loan to Cowden.

Edited by Stellaboz

12 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Best Pars top ever made.

2033396889_download(9).jpeg.e60621375efc9b92f895ecea54227a73.jpeg

I had that top and whilst I realise it was for a good cause I still regret giving it & loads of other classic tops away to Marv. The green & purple away top from 94-95.....the Jamie Squires black & gold........sad face.