Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

For what it’s worth, I thought Edwards had developed into a fairly decent championship full back by the end of last season. However, that was the Scottish championship and he would definitely struggle in the English championship.

Agreed, his defensive side had improved although still not great. His movement in the box was pretty good, getting himself into shooting positions with cute one twos. It was the part outside the box that I thought lacked, final ball was largely guff.

I'd be shocked if he went into either team's starting XI. He'll be reserves and bench at best but that's the thing about Championship English clubs, they can sign these guys for small fees, with significantly bigger wages but they might never make it. They can afford the gamble, and if it pays off and he goes onto bigger and better things then they make a handsome profit.

Edited by The Toun Clock

20 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Lawless signs for Partick on a 2 year deal.

Partick clearly not arsed about promotion then if that's what they are happy with. 

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if someone down south takes a punt on Edwards. The Toun Clock said it, but it’s barely a gamble for these clubs to chuck a low 6 figure sum for someone like Edwards who may or may not make it.

Physically, he has the foundations for a decent player. A good coach could turn him into a very good fullback. Seems to have a great attitude too.

4 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

There's no way that's true, 1 year left on his deal and a permanent fixture in that diabolical side last season.

I think he might show up well on data models? Only thing I can think off. 

@RandomGuy. Might confirm, or say its alload of pish. 

Is the Edwards rumour part of the Robertson/Tierney/Patterson effect? Teams looking for cheap full backs from Scotland cause that's aw we do. 

Edited by Stoo61

14 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

I can’t remember when it was supposed to be opened but was it even a realistic time scale?

I could be wrong, but I thought the plan was to start pre season at it. At least that's what I remember from the meeting. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I think he might show up well on data models? Only thing I can think off. 

@RandomGuy. Might confirm, or say its alload of pish. 

dunfy.thumb.png.f54047a1e356c1f667cf6de794faa1c1.png

Seems decent enough to catch peoples eye?

Bit shite creating chances for others but seems to do plenty of the rest. Never seen him play to know how accurate this is tbh.